• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Good luck vibes needed for Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cgilchrist

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys billy is having a 'quite large' bladder stone removed tomorrow :( need positive vibes have looked at the post on here for advice just worried about him really 8...

Keeping everything crossed for him. Hope it goes well.

Awww poor baby, got my fingers, toes and paws all crossed here for the little chap! xxxxx

Good luck Billy!

Whee'll all be thinking of you and keeping our paws crossed.

Lots of love from all your piggie brothers ;)

Ginger, Bandit, Bailey, Maple and Willow

x

Hope it all goes well...everything crossed for him and my boys send healing wheeks his way.

My boy, Nibbler had a bladder stone op last month and he's doing really well now, so fingers crossed Billy is the same.

Fingers crossed for Billy - if the stone is still in the bladder, his chances are very good and the relief from pain once the body has settled will be immediate.

One of my first piggies, Minx, has made it through two bladder stone ops.

Here are the Guinea Lynx tips for post op care:
http://www.guinealynx.info/postop.html

He's been in my thoughts since yesterday, and very much there right now.

Stay strong Billy Boy. Your parents need you to be strong and tough, especially your Dad!

-Carma

Well Billy is awake from his op. The stone was actually in his uretha (?) and it is 7mm long and 4mm wide the poor boy. The vet is keeping him in as the op is much more complex and is more likely to have complications. They will be giving him intensive fluids,anti bs and pain relief. he may come home tomorrow if all is ok but probably not. the worry is that with the blockage there the kidneys may have been 'back flushed' with urine and pressure which can lead to kidney failure so the main emphasis is tons of fluids to flush out the system and keep him clear. :...:...
Thanks all of you for your good vibes x

Ouch, that sounds sore. Poor boy. Will continue to keep things crossed and send healing vibes for your boy. xx>>> Must be such a worry for you. xx

Hi guys quick update billy is bright and 'holding his own' according to vet but not eating still :( they were happy to leave him alone in the vets tonight after his food and meds so that is good. We could have brought him home for the night but it would have been for our benefit just to monitor him so I didn't think the journey home then back to the vets was fair if he didn't need it. (If he needed it he would have been taken to the vet hospital by the vet) will let you know tomorrow x

Fingers and paws crossed for him.
x

hey guys billy is eating his veggies and salad and is home now and eaten some grass so will keep an eye on him but looks positive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back