• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Goodbye Baby, My special girl 😢😢

TheLottiediarys

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Unfortunately Baby passed away in my arms about an hour ago,
The animals seemed to be struggling with the fireworks today,
I was checking all of them and making sure they were okay when I found Baby
Unfortunately Donnie was trying to protect her and I had to literally pull him off her to get to her.
She seemed to have had a heart attack and was dying when I found her
I held her, phoned the vet and was arranging to take her down when she finally passed in my arms.

I’m taking solace from the fact that I was able to cradle her in her last moments.
It felt like she had been holding on till I got to her and finally felt able to let go in my arms.

Some of you may remember my struggles with Baby through her life,
She came to me as a hoarding victim as a baby and struggled to find company since.
She was pushed out of my original group and tried two separate pairs till she bonded with Donnie who came from a wonderful rescue.

Unfortunately Baby ended up spending 5 years of her 6 year life being shunned from groups and alone.

I will be forever grateful for Barbara (@pig in the city) from Barnsley Animal Rescue for helping my little girl find a friend in her final year, a little boy who was as smitten with my troubled little girl as I was.

Baby and Donnie fell in love from the start, they were inseparable and squabbled like an old married couple, they would sit together and chatter like I’ve always wanted Baby to be able to. She finally had a friend who wanted to snuggle up to her and share a cosy with her.

Even in her final hours Donnie was protective of her and I imagine had been cuddling with her before I found her,
To get to Baby and try to help her I had to drag Donnie off Baby who was almost aggressive in his attempts to protect her from even me, which goes to show how close they were.
Unfortunately I wasn’t able to ease Baby’s pain in the end as she passed before we got to the Vet, but thankfully her pain and suffering wasn’t prolonged and she was able to snuggle with me as she passed away.

I like to think she was holding on till I found her so she could see me one last time.
I often find my Guinea Pigs after they have passed and always feel bad that I wasn’t able to comfort them in their last moments.
I’m glad I was able to comfort my special girl as she passed over, and that Donnie was looking after her so lovingly during her final moments before I found her.

That little boy will always have a special place in my heart for giving my special girl a friend she so desperately wanted in the end.

Goodbye Baby,
I know I say this to all my animals but you really were my special girl
We spent so much time together when you were rejected again and again by the group, then the new girls. That we had a bond unlike any I’ve experienced before, you helped me in my lowest moments and I hope I was there for you in yours.

Although you were a little devil sometimes, Biting me just because you could and escaping your cage and running amuck around my room,
I will love you forever and don’t worry, I will look after Donnie your love 💕 till he meets you again, hopefully after a long and happy life,
I know you’ll always have a special place in his heart like you have in mine and I’ll make sure he doesn’t spend a single day alone longer then he has to,
Until he is ready to bond with the girls, Anya and Aurora, he’s next to their cage so he can sit with them while your gone, he won’t be alone.

I love you Baby, You changed my life for the better, I hope I changed yours as well x
7741CD90-722B-486D-8AAC-84BBC98735DD.jpeg

Oh no. I am so very sorry @TheLottiediarys
I know how very special Baby was to you.
I hope Donnie is ok and not missing his girl too much. Such a heart breaking thing when they are so closely bonded.
R.I.P Baby x

I am so sorry you have lost beautiful Baby. Your tribute to her was very special touching. What a wonderful life she had with you.
RIP Beautiful Baby.

So sorry for your loss. Baby sounds like a very special piggy and nice that she found a wonderful friend.
Your tribute was beautiful and brought me to tears.
Hugs to you and Donnie.
Sleep tight little Baby.xx

A beautiful tribute to your gorgeous piggy, they had a wonderful life full of love with you, they wanted for nothing. I am really sorry for your loss, massive hugs to you at this sad time

Sleep well little one

RIP Baby
x x

I'm so very sorry for your loss..it's always hard when such things happen.

Popcorn free Baby. You do 't have to worry about Donnie coz I'm sure he will be loved.

Back