• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

got 2 guinea pigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

hilly19

New Born Pup
Just woundered I have 2 guinea pigs been giving them 2 bowls of food each time I feed them. Is this 2 much?

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
I usually give mine say a small handful of food per pig twice a day and they seem fine and certainly dont loose weight.

Their diet should consist of about 70% hay and that should be available at all times

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
I usually give mine say a small handful of food per pig twice a day and they seem fine and certainly dont loose weight.

Their diet should consist of about 70% hay and that should be available at all times

lauralucy

Forum Donator 2017/18
i believe adult piggies should have 30-50g of nuggets per day each and younger piggies should have unlimted nuggets, as hannah said their main diet should be hay and vegetables :)

Doeylicious

Adult Guinea Pig
Mine get a handful per guinea a day. So those living alone get a handful per bowl, those happily married/siblings get two handfuls in their bowl!

The only one who empties the bowl is Bumble who has tonight been warned by my vet he is due for a diet...whoops...

Status
Not open for further replies.