• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Got a Job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Today I got a phone call from my old nursery asking if I would be willing to work at the before and after school club at Holly Lodge from next Monday. The hours are 8am-9am then 3:10pm - 6pm.

It fits in with college as college starts at 9:30 and finishes at 3 (thats not everyday!) and the college and nursery are so close that the days I do finish at 3, I can get there for 3:10pm.

Wahoo!

oh wow thats REALLY good news - i'm really pleased for you!

:) :) Well Done You!! :) :)

;)

x

Billies Mum said:
Well done!

What are you studying?

I am doing the Access to HE course at college. I am doing it full-time (11 hrs a week) over 1 year in English, ICT, Biology (was doing Literature but decided to do biology instead), Sociology (I did this for AS Level) and History. It is a course designed for people aged 19+ which is an alternative route into university. You gain credits which can either be at Level 2 or Level 3 - to pass the Access Course, you need 45 Level 3 Credits and 15 Level 2 Credits however some univerities might ask for more credits.

So far I have enjoyed what I have done. You don't get loads of exams at the end of the year or that many exams at all. In each subject you do 5 topics and with those topics, you could get an assignment, exam (seen paper), or presentation. These are done after you have completed this module and will be given either a Level 2 or Level 3 grade. If you get a Level 2, you can do it again to try and get a Level 3 :) I am hoping to go into Primary Teaching so that is why I am doing the Access Course.

Its really good that they have offered me a job at the Before and After School Club as I will then be working with primary school aged children. The manager at the nursery said she thinks I will be great working there as I will play football, and interact and play with the children. I have been told though that this is not a permenant postion as they do not have one available however for now this job is perfect as it fits around college. I am hoping to get some voluntary work at a school in the day listening to readers or whatever.

Thats great news, I hope you enjoy it. I could never work with kids and admire the people that do! I have 4 of my own, maybe they have put me off, lol!
Good luck and have fun!

Your children look lovely from the picture in TGPF Slave Gallery :)

I love working with kids and so far have worked looking after toddlers at the nursery aged 2-3 years. I will hopefully gain a lot of experience working with the primary school aged kids at the before and after school club. It should be fun as they play on playstations e.t.c. so it won't feel like i'm working! :)

Thats great news! great that it fits round college too :) and its great experience and something you love doing :)

still - congrats!

even a low paid job brings money in :) (i worked as a carer in a nursing home once for 5.15 an hour ?)

and if you like working with children, and the times are convenient too - what more could you wish fore? :)

I will be on less an hour than that... As I am 19... they can get away in nurserys paying you minimum wage!

Grrr...

Should enjoy it though! :)

Congratulations!

Still think you should come and help me with my little monsters - would put you off teaching for life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back