• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Grain free food?

I switched a while ago and discovered that my herd much prefer the grain free pellets to any others.
They usually eat their daily quota and would eat more if I gave them extra

All our lot (rabbits and guinea pigs) are on the Versele Laga grain free.
The rabbits refuse to eat anything else, but the guinea pigs will frankly eat anything you throw into their cages!
They all get super excited when i pick up a few free samples at the pet shop and offer them soemthing new.

I have SS grain free for my skinny pigs and Milo. However, the other three are very set in their ways and refuse to eat anything other than Harringtons.
Glad to hear someone else uses SS grain free for skinny pigs, when we brought Tallulah home her foster carer (who wasnt a piggy expert, she was just a nice lady who took home any unwanted exotic animals she found locally!) tried to tell us she needed special high calorie pellets... well I wasnt having any of that, I thought she's basically a guinea pig and can eat the same as the other pigs and if she needs extra calories she can have a bit of extra carrot or babycorn and some more hay! But I've always wondered/hoped I did the right thing there :)

Back