Greed

Status
Not open for further replies.

StromasDragon

Reaction score
I have a problem with all my guineas it may not seem that big but it is beginning to drive me mad. Whenever i move about my room and rustle of touch anything that makes a noise they go mad with the feed me wheeks. They are not under fed at all so why are they doing this it makes me feel like a bad owner. They even come up to the cage with big watery eyes and it breaks my heart.
Help?

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
This is not because they are hungry.. Guinea pigs are naturally just inquizitive (spelling?) and any new or different noises make them squeak.. It maybe rustling of a bag or the noise from the door shutting.. They just want to know what it is..

As to them coming to the front of the cage, it's just a bit of reassurance they want from you that everything is ok, they are just trying to find out what the noise is/was.. If you feed them every time they squeak, you will end up with some really overweight piggies and they will know that everytime a noise is made that you will feed them..And you don't want that

http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=465.0

The above thread tells you more

Kelly and piggies xx

bevs

Reaction score
Haha! It's not just my boys then! Since they found their voices, there's no stopping them. Like you say even the slightest rustle or clink gets them going. The first few times I did reward them, but now I just go to the cage and say what's the matter? It's not for you. And try to ignore the head cocked to a side and the droopy lips..... it's soooo hard :)

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
no, you're not alone there bev! so many people think 'they are making noises cos they are hungry'.... nope, it's because they rely a lot on sound and any new noise they want to know what it is thats all

C

claire

Yeah my lot do this too lol

They like to push their luck lol

Love
Claire
x

D

DebbieR

My two go mad with excired wheeking when Hubby opens a can of lager ? ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.