• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Green bins !

jayne

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It was green bin day today ! And binmen never empty them right ! Neighbour now doing her bin 20200715_144117.jpg

Our council dustmen will not empty a green bin unless it is full to the brim of garden waste. They lift the lid check the contents then only empty the full ones.

In Northampton they are now charging £40 a year to empty brown bins, then wonder why people are just dumping cuttings on the road sides. In principle, why should we pay it

In Northampton they are now charging £40 a year to empty brown bins, then wonder why people are just dumping cuttings on the road sides. In principle, why should we pay it

We are charged a yearly amount for having two green bins - first green bin is free but we have to have a permit and pay around £40 a year for the second one

We are charged a yearly amount for having two green bins - first green bin is free but we have to have a permit and pay around £40 a year for the second one
I wouldn't mind that so much. But I have nowhere to put the pigs old hay now, I have to hide it in thick bin bags and put it at the bottom of the black wheelie bin

I've got 2 green bins that get emptied every second week, whether they're full or not.

We have a green bin that's now a general waste bin, and the general waste bin is now a recycling bin, the brown bin, which was the old green bin is now sitting there doing nothing, you can pay £40 PA for a purple bin, that's the new garden waste bin - but they decided to stop collecting them in March. We also 'recycle' most of our waste here by incinerating it, this might explain in part why we've managed to spend £30M rennovating a building that could have been rebuild three times over, which is now six years over schedule and they've had to start again.

We have a purple bin for general waste that goes out the back, a blue bin for recycling that is only collected at the front... and although our council do have green bins for garden waste you can only get one if you are in a certain council tax bracket, peasants like my (senior lecturer) self living in a terrace couldnt possibly do any gardening!

Same here in Conwy, North Wales. It's £35 per year for the brown bin (garden wastes). It started March this year. We wouldn't have availed it if the pandemic didn't start and the recycling centres were closed. Our black bin (household wastes) are collected every 4 weeks and the green bins are collected every 2 weeks. We usually go to the recycling centres in between the 4 weeks time so we can throw the guinea pig wastes that won't fit in the black bin. The councils are making it hard for people to throw the rubbish properly. We are also being charged for recycling big appliances, wood, rubbles, etc. I'm not surprised why there are loads of fly tipping.

We have a purple bin for general waste that goes out the back, a blue bin for recycling that is only collected at the front... and although our council do have green bins for garden waste you can only get one if you are in a certain council tax bracket, peasants like my (senior lecturer) self living in a terrace couldnt possibly do any gardening!
They probably believe it'd just confuse you, much better we leave it to those in the semis.

We have black bin (general waste) goes out once a fortnight along with the food waste. The black bin with a green lid (recycling), bottle box, batteries and food waste goes out once a fortnight and the black black bin with a brown lid (garden waste - cost £55 this year will prob go up next year) goes out once a fortnight too. I can usually manage to fit in a black bag of guinea pig waste in the black bin (general waste). The recycling down here in the Dorset Waste Partnership is excellent.

We pay £40 a year for our garden waste bin. They collect every fortnight and I really don't have a problem paying for it rather than sending more stuff to landfill that doesn't need to

Same here in Conwy, North Wales. It's £35 per year for the brown bin (garden wastes). It started March this year. We wouldn't have availed it if the pandemic didn't start and the recycling centres were closed. Our black bin (household wastes) are collected every 4 weeks and the green bins are collected every 2 weeks. We usually go to the recycling centres in between the 4 weeks time so we can throw the guinea pig wastes that won't fit in the black bin. The councils are making it hard for people to throw the rubbish properly. We are also being charged for recycling big appliances, wood, rubbles, etc. I'm not surprised why there are loads of fly tipping.
Our local recyvlong centre is only allowing so many trips per year now for vans don't know about cars. The most annoying part is that I pay a service charge where I live for the hedges on my front garden to be cut, but they only come once a year. This is emh homes, they are terrible. Wish I didn't get a shared ownership mortgage

We pay £40 a year for our garden waste bin. They collect every fortnight and I really don't have a problem paying for it rather than sending more stuff to landfill that doesn't need to
I partly won't pay it, because I live in a square, where other people take the mick and filled my brown bin with their own garden waste, I know that if I start paying, il get angry. I suppose I could put a padlock on the brown bin but I shouldn't have to

We're the only thrifty people in our street who don't use our green bin - garden waste. We take any hedge cuttings to the recycling center, and put grass cuttings and guinea pig hay and poop in the compost bin, compost heap, or spread under the hedge and around the plants in the flower borders and veg patch. Seems to have worked fine for the past few years for us, and has ved us a fee for the collections :-)

Back