• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Greyhounds/ lurchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have a sneaking desire to re-home an ex-racer one day (these are the only dogs I like).

Would that be ridiculous with guineas? Has anyone had one with guineas?

by nature Greyhound, lurchers run after small animals ie a rabbit so maybe it could be wise not to let your guineas run about near them if you do get one, I think I personally would be a bit dubious but also know they are such loving breeds, a neighbour once had one called Beau she was so sweet but was so daft she broke her leg bouncing about, she recovered I might add,

I know that with a lot of greyhound rescue places they do actually state whether that greyhound is good with small animals or not

My mum has a rescued Lurcher and 6 Guineas and various other small furries!

She will be at the BBQ or is staffie_lass on here if you want to PM her.

If I ever got a dog it would be a retired greyhound. They are so lovely. People think they need a lot of exercise but they're actually pretty lazy and would prefer not to.

Me too, I have a local rescue bookmarked and i'm always looking and saying aww look he/shes lovely :D

Or I would have another staffie :-*

Hi,
I have a whippet and he is fine but obviously you have to be sensible. I wouldn't trust him at all alone with them lol. He goes up to them in their run and they have grown up with him so they're used to him and then they chew his nails and he's not bothered seeing them in their cage, but it's just the erratic movements...I'm afraid hounds are just programmed to attack. But if you're sensible about it then anything's possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back