Grrr am i getting old n grumpy....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Or is it wrong that my husbands eldest just turns up uninvited at blinkin 9pm. We are still trying to get the kids settled. And we want to relax.
His daughter who is hardly here, has decided she is staying tonight and she has a freind here as well.

I want to move away somewhere they wont be able to just pop in off hand so late at night. And would have to have an invite. DRIVES ME INSANE

PopcornPigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That's not grumpy that's perfectly normal! I would be annoyed! Don't like unexpected visitors unless I'm in a good mood, not busy, and it's someone I like!

hellsbells82

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That would annoy me too I think, how old are they? I suppose being his kids they should "in theory" feel they can come when they please, but it doesn't take much to call or text to see if it's ok does it? My OH's daughter is 13 and lives round the corner but never comes round, which is quite sad, so I suppose it's nice at least that they see their Dad, but at the same time I get pretty aggravated about people deciding to visit at bedtime as my son is an awful sleeper and getting an hour of peace is bliss! (I'm currently camped out next to his cot)

Reaction score
I hate it when people turn up at my house and expect to come in or put there foot in the door, next thing you know there in for the night.
Its ok if i know there coming but it really bugs me when they just turn up. i end up being nasty to them and they leave.
I dont think youre being grumpy.

Reaction score
His son is 22 and his daughter is 18. Shes usually at her boyfreinds the weekends. in fact hasnt been here on a weekend for nearly 2 years. Shes at her mums 2 days a week, here 2 days a week and at her boyfreinds the weekends. I know its horrible of me, but I wish shed make up her mind where she wants to be.We dont get any keep from her. She buys the milk and bread but hasnt this week, and has happily helped herself to our food. Now dont get me wrong shes bought her own stuff. But its all veggie stuff, that we dont eat. so shes got that and shes eating the stuff we would.lol I know I sound soooo selfish. But I'm fed up to the back teeth of being used.
Hub and I just want to settle down and watch the TV in peace without people trapsing in and out

nutmeg

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I would love my children to live closer and traipse in at any time. Our house is always there home. x

Nicolaj36

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
His son is 22 and his daughter is 18. Shes usually at her boyfreinds the weekends. in fact hasnt been here on a weekend for nearly 2 years. Shes at her mums 2 days a week, here 2 days a week and at her boyfreinds the weekends. I know its horrible of me, but I wish shed make up her mind where she wants to be.We dont get any keep from her. She buys the milk and bread but hasnt this week, and has happily helped herself to our food. Now dont get me wrong shes bought her own stuff. But its all veggie stuff, that we dont eat. so shes got that and shes eating the stuff we would.lol I know I sound soooo selfish. But I'm fed up to the back teeth of being used.
Hub and I just want to settle down and watch the TV in peace without people trapsing in and out

But it's not really "people" as such is it? It's his children :)

Reaction score
TIME...23.03. His son is still here.
We havnt been able to settle down and get comfy.And watch what weve been waiting for for months.
Yes I know I'm selfish. But hubs been at work all day, hes nights tomorrow I just would like us to have some us time without eveyone coming down on us. And especially this late.

And its not just HIS children. its a freind as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Id like to say a massive big sorry for my outburst on this thred last night. I just felt annoyed at hubby for not saying what he needed to say.
And I just feel isolated when it comes to his grown up kids. So please forgive me.")

Sue G

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Nothing to forgive, it often does you good to "vent" anyway. And I've just read your other thread now .... it's a difficult situation for you, and I'm sorry.

Hugs ...

Status
Not open for further replies.