Grrr - outbid on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Have just found out I didn't win a couple of CDs on ebay.

When I bid on one late last night there was only an hour to go - isn't that frustrating?

bevs

Reaction score
I forgot I had one ending and remembered 2 minutes too late today :-\ And also got outbid on some books, with 1 second to go. ::) I'm good at sniping people but that even had me beat ;D

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Hehe, well if you don't pay you can hammer snipe an 3 auctions a day. Basically you put in your highest bid and it will bid for you automatically (like eBay) however, if someone in last 10 mins bids higher than you, it will bid higher automatically for you. (Hope you understand that!)

Abnoba

Reaction score
but isnt that very expensive/dangerous ? Someone could just for fun push the price up, and you end up paying 30 quid for something when your max bid orginially was only 12..

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
No, its not dangerous or expensive.  Its free to use and you will never pay more than what your have been outbided - for example...

If I put my maximum bid for some shoes was £15, it wouldn't bid for me until the last 10 seconds.  So if the shoes in the last 10 seconds were going for £9, it would autmatically bid the next highest you can bid (like £9.50).  If you were outbided again at say £10, it would then automatically bid for you £10.50 or whatever.  If someone bid £15 staight off, you wouldn't win as you put your highest at £15.

(Hope you understand that! LOL)

It is really good and you usually do win auctions with it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.