• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Grrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggle*&*Ludo

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Why are men such fools?

I have been messaging a nice man from a dating website, he sent the first message and we have been constantly texting for days, to the point where I had to delete my inbox cos it was full. He was messaging me this morning and now nothing, he has ignored 2 texts. The last one from him was asking if I could get on msn, now he isn't texting and I am upset. We were meant to be meeting tonight and I was really looking forward to it. :(

Sorry, just needed a moan. Why do men get our hopes up? This is the 3rd now. He was acting so keen last night and even called me up before he went to bed.

What is wrong with me? :(

Theres nothing wrong with you hun :) Perhaps there is a reason as to why he hasnt contacted you back yet?

He could of run out of credit. Lost his phone or battery dead, My cousin arranged to meet a bloke twice on plenty of fish and he just didn't show up and then started calling her name's on facebook so some of them are just weird.

hun he may have miss placed his phone ran out of credit..

i will be honest a big turn off for man is an insecure woman which will push him away...

my sister was the same and still is to a degree, men had what they wanted then left because she is very insecure and red to much into things, men dont like questions about where are they what are they doing , why haven't you rang, its some thing that pushes a man away...

if i calls he calls if not then its his loss...

what i think you need is!

you have had a bad year which has knocked your confidence and trust in men, why not see the Dr and ask for some counseling so you can talk about your feelings. once you feel sorted in yourself then look into committing into a long-term relationship, as the way you feel wouldnt be right and would be unfair on you and a partner.

it took my sister 7yrs to find her boyfriend she is with now and is now also living with him, and guess who he is?

her boyfriend from when she was 15 yrs old she is now 25yrs old...

go into a relationship with a straight head, clear mind and feel happy in yourself, with a partner and with out a partner that way obsession will not set in:)

Why do men get our hopes up? This is the 3rd now.
What is wrong with me? :(

just wait and see what happenes, you play it cool let him wonder where you are and why you havent texted back straight away that gets them worried trust me i know!

dont text him now just leave it even if it is really hard, if you keep texting you are going to look desprate and that will scare him off!

Try not to get upset hun, I'm sure he's not meant to let you down.
It could be anything like the others have said, lost phone, dead battery, internet connection could be bad due to the weather etc.
I am sure he will be in touch soon. x

Thanks everyone. :)

I am definately not tempted to text again, the first one was just asking how he was and the 2nd was that I managed to get onto msn cos I was having problems.

I am hoping his battery is dead or he is just busy. It has gone from every 2 seconds to not at all. He has my email address. If he wanted to contact me he would make the effort. :(

He is from plenty of fish too. I am scared of logging on in case he is on!

He did say he was going to come round after football last night but it got late and he was tired, also said an element of it was nerves so maybe he has cold feet and is ignoring me so I don't mention him meeting me tonight.

He has been the one who was instigating everything, I haven't been pushy or insecure (hope not anyway). I just feel deflated cos although it's over a short space of time, the intensity and content of our contact has made me feel positive about things and now it's all been taken away. :(

oi you! Nothing wrong with you....got it??

I think all i can say, from experience, is that you can not get your hopes up at all with internet dating as anything can happen, and until you have met someone and maybe met them for a couple of times can you relax and think yeah ok this may go somewhere.

Just remember hon that its all a game to some people, and they dont care who gets hurt in the process, women are just as bad as men, but at the end of the day you will get losers that just play mind games for the fun of it.

Having said all that, i really hope you find what you are looking for, there are some nice men out there, i would never have said that until i met my fella, after being single for about ten years and given up even thinking about it!

ps/ dont forget to have fun, dont take it all too seriously xxxxxxxxxx

x>>

Thanks. :)

I think they are so rude, at least give me a chance and meet me! 8...

He text me this morning saying he had emailed me 2 more pics of him as there is only one on his profile and I don't have them. I think he is lying about everything. :(

well all i can say to that hon is follow your instinct and move on.

Theres always more fish in the sea as they say....or on Plenty of Fish lol

Oh! Plenty of Fish, I met my boyfriend from there. I've got to say, it's a good site to a certain extent, I met 3 people from it, 1st one I dated 5/6 times which took a year to do but he was lovely and from Africa, we are now friends. The 2nd one was so pushy to meet me, he rang me everyday, everytime he woke up, put things off and just wanted to speak to me for hours and text, then we had a date, for some reason he tried to force me to eat at the cinema and then said it was annoying when i spoke with my hands (like you do) then he gave me £20 and I never heard from him again. haha and the 3rd was and is my now boyfriend and true love :)

Out of them all, I didn't actualy like my boyfriend much when we first started chatting, he filled a space for a while, when we moved onto MSN he annoyed me like hell and then suddenly one night it all snapped into place. :) The one thing you need to do is keep them at arms distant until you know after a few proper dates, there are right for you. Or else you'll get hurt >.< (took me a year almost to find Daniel) so don't be disheartened. x

Do remember that until he's in your life completely, he's nothing to get your hopes up or concern you just a nice person to chat to. Maybe he's getting a little nervous and doesn't know how to relay his feelings. Does he work? xx

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm with clarelove on this one:))

Don't contact him, let him do the running. If he likes you he will call, if not move on as there are others.

There isn't anything wrong with you, men in general can be unreliable so don't take it personally:(

You will find your prince oneday, but in the meantime don't put them before your own sanity and just enjoy life and you will find the will be drawn to you:))

lol I would go back on to carry on my search but it shows when people are online who have messaged you. If I see him online, it will hurt me like I am not good enough.

I do hope there is a genuine innocent reason. Can't stand ignorant people. If anything, he was the one who text the most. If the conversation ran dry a couple of times, it was always him to re-started it and kept saying how much he liked and fancied me. He is really nice looking and only lives 10 mins from me, it felt right.

Thank you - yes he does work.

lol I would go back on to carry on my search but it shows when people are online who have messaged you. If I see him online, it will hurt me like I am not good enough.

I do hope there is a genuine innocent reason. Can't stand ignorant people. If anything, he was the one who text the most. If the conversation ran dry a couple of times, it was always him to re-started it and kept saying how much he liked and fancied me. He is really nice looking and only lives 10 mins from me, it felt right.

Thank you - yes he does work.
Then don't go jumping to conclusions but hey, if it isn't meant to be, the next one who is will feel even better, might live in your street haha :)

Ok will try to relax. Just wish he would email me his other pics then at least I can work out whether he is worth worrying over!

I know disappointment isn't easy to escape, I had a friend once who worked herself up over every guy on that website I wished I hadn't shown it her, I just don't want you doing it, you're worth everything in the world to the right guy and espcially should feel that about yourself :) I remember having an air of 'I'm amazing' about me each date, so if it didn't work out I didn't immedienly cave about being rejected (I can't deal with rejection), obviously this is all good advice, off us all. but you need to find out whats best for you... I also always had 3-4 guys at once chatting... i never concentrated to hard on the one person. Eventually they widdled down to the one, my bf. so hopefully it'll go the same for you and we'll see a lovely post in my relationship thread of how you met and how you've fallen in love after 1 day of constant hand holding and snowball fights haha :) smile! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With dating sites, don't get your hopes up cause people really do come and go.

Please do not tell peple your address, meet in public, tell someone were you are going and who you are meeting. You never know who you are meeting and do not meet them in your house this is very dangerous!

Thanks both. :)

I made the mistake of letting one of them pick me up at my house because it was on the way to where we were going and I didn't have a car. Big mistake, he turned up at my house begging me to try again, when I didn't want to see him anymore! :...

Yes I know what you mean. I've had 3 dates on POF so far and none of them worked out, they were probably seeing other girls too, this current one said he only chats and hasn't met anyone but how do I know that?

His profile says he is just looking for friends but would be a bonus if he met someone special, I AM SPECIAL! :(|)8;) Obviously not to him though. :0 :(|)

Your obviously too good for him :))
My mum and step dad met on one of those site's and it was there 7year anniversary this August.
Like the others have said let him chase you, if hes really geniune and interested then he will, if not his loss! Your worth far more....

......Love will happen when you least expect it :))

It's true, the best ones chase :) when you chase, they have no interest in you and you end up either getting with them and being abused some how (being cheated on so on) or you just get hurt and such. :) let us know what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back