• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea pig chirping?

Marshmallow went through a phase of chirping, she certainly wasn't ill (she's the only one of my pigs who to date hasn't needed a vet trip🤞) i found it happened occasionally when being power groomed by nugget and she only did it during her first couple of seasons, never heard it since but m is a very vocal piggy, her protesting to boss piggy nugget being in season is 🔊 Loud 🔊 I found it quite a special sound though and wouldn't be alarmed 😊 I did think we had a bird around when I first heard it lol took a while to figure out it was actually coming from marshmallow, none of my other pigs have ever chirped 💕

Hi all again

Tonight one of my guinea pigs started to chirp like a bird. What does this mean, I've checked them both over they seem fine, they're eating and playing and all that jazz but that noise scared me I sat for a second to see if I was imaging it but I could see Bennies chirping and it looked like he was breathing funny. Is this normal? What does the chirping mean?

Please help
I’ve heard that they also sing 🎶 when they are happy 😃! Doesn’t happen often but when it does mean happiness ! Your pig is happy and decided to sing ..

I’ve heard that they also sing 🎶 when they are happy 😃! Doesn’t happen often but when it does mean happiness ! Your pig is happy and decided to sing ..

Thank you

He hasn't done it since so I'm not sure why he did it I know kenthing though - he scares me to death lol x

Although we don’t know much behind the reason for chirping, it’s a rare honour to hear it. I hadn’t heard it for years but had a real treat a while ago.

The boys had all been outside in the sunshine and had come into nice, clean beds. I heard a chirping sound coming from the room and Algy was on his ledge chirping to the others. Claudio joined in on exactly the same note and they carried on for about 10 mins. Rupert & Herbie also tried to join in but couldn’t reach the note!

They all looked relaxed but were intently listening to the chirpers. I sing to them a lot and thought we’d developed an entry for Britain’s Got Talent. Sadly, they haven’t rehearsed since so I don’t think we’ll be getting the Golden Buzzer just yet. 😂

Although we don’t know much behind the reason for chirping, it’s a rare honour to hear it. I hadn’t heard it for years but had a real treat a while ago.

The boys had all been outside in the sunshine and had come into nice, clean beds. I heard a chirping sound coming from the room and Algy was on his ledge chirping to the others. Claudio joined in on exactly the same note and they carried on for about 10 mins. Rupert & Herbie also tried to join in but couldn’t reach the note!

They all looked relaxed but were intently listening to the chirpers. I sing to them a lot and thought we’d developed an entry for Britain’s Got Talent. Sadly, they haven’t rehearsed since so I don’t think we’ll be getting the Golden Buzzer just yet. 😂

Well that's a shame would have voted for you to win as well lol xx

I had a piggie years ago who chirped! She would always do it in the dark super early in the morning (like 2-3am!). The first time she did it I was absolutely convinced there was a bird stuck in the house... Went searching for ages until I heard it coming from the piggie cage! It took me a few times before I figured out which piggie it was. Every time there was nothing different about her surroundings. Same spot, same cage, same cagemate and same noises etc. She'd just sit there and chirp.

One of the pigs was chirping very very quietly last night! My daughter heard them as well.

Back