• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea Pig Eating Baseboards

C.Courtney0310

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone I just caught my guinea pig eating the baseboards while having floor time. I haven't been able to get them a pen yet(hopefully next week) and usually just watch them in my room since its small. The house was just repainted and everything before I moved in(about 6 months ago) so I don't think there would be any lead in the paint. I'm just worried. Will she be ok?

I am sure she will be fine.
Just keep a close eye on her for a day or two, but guinea pigs are notorius for nibbling on things they shouldn't.
I use C&C grids to block off 'no go' areas for my piggies.
Thank you so much I was so worried! Ive only had them for a couple weeks and I'm just extremely anxious that I'm going to kill them by accident😭

One of my guinea pigs had a real obsession with eating the baseboards! She was fine... my baseboards are still rather chewed-looking though!

my Gundham can't get enough of them either. the last house we rented I was so sure we were going to lose our deposit over it but luckily nobody checked them.

Back