• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea Pig Exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i was wondering today as now it is very cold to take them out into my shed for a run around if you guys have any ideas on how i can have an alternative way of letting my piggies run around?

thank you :)

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
You could try an indoors run that can be folded up in a cooler (unheated) part of the house. You can contruct pretty cheap ones with cheap floorings from lots of materials.

Please don't do that if the difference in temperatures is too great and can cause illness. In this case, you have to get creative in the shed if possible!

Reaction score
You could try an indoors run that can be folded up in a cooler (unheated) part of the house. You can contruct pretty cheap ones with cheap floorings from lots of materials.

Please don't do that if the difference in temperatures is too great and can cause illness. In this case, you have to get creative in the shed if possible!

what do you mean cause illness?
they are indoors at the moment!

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
what do you mean cause illness?
they are indoors at the moment!

Sorry - from the way you formulated it I assumed that your piggies were kept outdoors, and it would have caused problems if brought them into a fully heated house.

Quite a few members have indoors runs which can be stashed away when not needed. Perhaps you can do a search for "run" via our "search" function which you can find on the top bar for previous topics and ideas.

Reaction score
Sorry - from the way you formulated it I assumed that your piggies were kept outdoors, and it would have caused problems if brought them into a fully heated house.

Quite a few members have indoors runs which can be stashed away when not needed. Perhaps you can do a search for "run" via our "search" function which you can find on the top bar for previous topics and ideas.

oh no its fine haha! they were outdoors and then it got really cold so i now have them indoors but it is really cold in my shed :/ :(
and i shall do and thank you

mikulinek

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We have a medium play pen from P@H. The small one is one the website:

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/smal...Page=true&msg=MSG_SEARCH_ONE_MATCHING_PRODUCT

For some reason the medium one isn't. Before our piggies became free range, we used this indoors as a play area/run. It's really for taking them outside but it collapses and is quite easy to store and then you've got something for both indoors and outdoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.