• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea pig has something strange on his backside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
One of my guinea pigs has a long bit of chunky skin hanging from his Anus. He isn't eating well but will eat a little bit of hay and is drinking a lot, also it looks like he cannot poo properly. I origionally thought it has his penis but it looks too big to be it.
I am a new guinea pig owner and I honestly have no idea what it is...we got him in august with another guinea pig and they have been fine since now.
(i can put a picture up on here aswell if that can help)
x

Hi there, yes i think a pic would be really helpful.

It could be just skin you know, there is a thread on here about this i will try and find it for you.

x

It isnt like the one on the picture, it is more longer and hanging out more.
But I will get a picture up tomorrow unfortunatly i have college all day and i will have to do it when I get back but i will definatly put it up tomorrow

ok, there are a few pics on here i just couldnt find the others as my laptop was taking ages for some reason, anyway, we will see by the pics.

have a good day at college x

oh ok, i cant make it out properly, I'm not sure it is the cauliflower thing, maybe someone who has more knowledge will come along.

How old is your piggy?

Hmm, that's odd. Could it be some sort of growth? I can't really see well enough from the picture to really say.

its really hard to see but it looks like his penis is sticking out but it also looks like he has a band of hay stuck around it stopping it from going back in, how long has it been like this ? as its poss infection has set in!

i think you should take him to the vets to get checked out!

I'm not too sure we got him in august from a pet shop so i reckon a few months old. It does look a bit like his penis but its only been like that for a few days. I'm going to give him a wash tomorrow see if that helps anything, my housemate says it looks like a collapsed rectum but i dont know if guinea pigs get that :s but when i took the picture it was a bit red

i still think you should have a look round the forum, specially at the health bit and look at anything related to bums and willys!

Hope hes ok xx

I would advise you take your piggie to the vet - once you know more we will be able to help with his on going care. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Suzy x

Please take him to the vet tomorrow - it looks like the penis cannot retract.....and it will get infected and could prevent him from peeing. Please also get them to check him for mites/fungal judging from the lack of fur on his right hind leg....

x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back