• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea pig jumping

lemanpiggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’ve just spotted our 2 month old guinea pig jump the height of the cage while I was cleaning, I did manage to catch him which prevented him from falling but I’m wondering if there is anything we can do to make it safer in case he tries again? It’s a c&c cage but the height is taller than most of the normal grids. I have put some spare grids on top of the cage at each side to see if that will help.

Attachments

• IMG_2523.jpeg
    IMG_2523.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 2
Could you make your cage another grid higher? Young piggies tend to have a zest for life and they can't help but show it. My Bramble bounces like boing, boing, boing jumping when she gets excited at breakfast. It's not popcorning its bounce, bounce, bounce! She's 10 months old now.

Could you make your cage another grid higher? Young piggies tend to have a zest for life and they can't help but show it. My Bramble bounces like boing, boing, boing jumping when she gets excited at breakfast. It's not popcorning its bounce, bounce, bounce! She's 10 months old now.

Thanks, I will do that. I don’t have enough to go all the way round but I will do as many as I can

Back