1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guinea Pig Toys

Discussion in 'Housing and Enrichment' started by Laura-CCC4, Jan 29, 2010.

1. piggylover213

piggylover213 Junior Guinea Pig

This looks like an amazing idea and by the sounds of it my piggies will love it! I will try and make one tommorrow and am looking forward to my piggies reaction

sport_billy likes this.
  2. sport_billy

sport_billy Administrator
    Staff Member

hello @piggylover213 Welcome to the forum!

Yeah the maze was a great idea. Be great to hear all about your piggies, we have an introductions section here https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/forums/introduce-yourself.18/
    and this shows you how to start a thread if you are unsure Creating A Thread | The Guinea Pig Forum

Welcome again
    Lee

3. piggylover213

piggylover213 Junior Guinea Pig

sport_billy likes this.
  4. Ren

Ren New Born Pup

I haven't quite gotten through all the many pages of posts here yet, some great ideas I can't wait to try! If there are any mums and dads who have (or had) kids in cloth nappies (diapers) I found these fleece covers I made for my kids to wear overnight are great for the piggies! Soft, absorbent and the leg holes make built in tunnels and peek-a-boo holes!

image.jpeg

5. Ren

Ren New Born Pup

And while they're so small we get three to one pair apparently lol

image.jpeg

6. Chewbacca2004

Chewbacca2004 Junior Guinea Pig

My pigs love when I cut down and collect Apple sticks from the local (organic, dog free) orchard they love nibbling and tossing them around they also love the carrot cottage (look at carrot cottage thread) and like those cardboard tubes that you buy from pet stores my baby one also enjoys hiding in those large PG tips tea bag boxes! Wooden stick arches are great the guineas gnaw on them more readily than tubes an are a more natural hidey I have one that I have had for around a year and a half and it is still going strong!

7. Rubys cafe

Rubys cafe Junior Guinea Pig

They have stick arches and logs in their C&C as well as a comfy hidey house . Ive also put tubes hanging from the top of their cage. Marble only behaves like this in the c&c not in his outdoor run . Ive put lots of hay in his c&c too but he's still biting the bars . What else can I do?
    He seems happier outdoors than in

8. PiggyOwner

PiggyOwner Rescue Buddy
    Forum Donator 2016/17

can you please explain a bit more........

9. Rubys cafe

Rubys cafe Junior Guinea Pig

I'll post some pictures so a better understanding

10. PiggyOwner

PiggyOwner Rescue Buddy
    Forum Donator 2016/17

ok

11. Keiko The Pig

Keiko The Pig Junior Guinea Pig

my boy absolutely loves anything cardboard! forget the hay or veggies i put in toilet rolls he just shakes it out and starts gnawing on the roll itself lol! He also LOVES chewsticks. I have a bunch of thin guinea pig friendly sticks that were held together into a log shape (that didn't last long with my little troublemaker) and when i take him out for floor time if i move the stick back and forth across the floor near him he goes nuts! Sometimes he chases it, other times the excitement just takes over and he popcorns frantically all around it! He also will play tug of war with these sticks! Perhaps something you can try with your piggies. Encourage them to take one end of the toy in their mouth and give a little pull. My boy loves it and pulls back and shakes his head just like a dog! (i let him win of course)

12. Chewbacca2004

I love making toys but I find it hard to find good fun and easy tutorials
    A lot of times I have to use rabbit toy tutorials and either scale the xtra large ones down or use smaller materials! A lot of aren't that good for mine as they don't really like playing with rolling/floor toys and they prefer hideys and tunnels

13. poohbear01

poohbear01 Junior Guinea Pig

Does any other piggies enjoy these as much as popcorn his new wooden ball I've replaced today which is massive

14. poohbear01

Does any other piggies enjoy these as much as popcorn his new wooden ball I've replaced today which is massive

15. poohbear01

image.jpeg I've just brought popcorn this large wooden ball to replace his small one he totally loves them I'm going to push veg into the holes so he can have fun while gnawing the wood

16. Gem789

Gem789 Adult Guinea Pig

I bought this about 10 years ago when I had my 1st pigs bill and ted but unfortunately they weren't the slightest but interested in it.Glad yours likes it though x

17. Gimz

Forum Donator 2015/16

The cheapest and best entertainment I have had with my piggies is to put in a long strip of that brown packing paper from boxes you get with orders from Amazon etc. Spread it out and make tunnels and shapes in it and then stand back and watch. My piggies get soooo excited with it we get popcorning and zoomies galore. They love that they can move it around with their noses to change the shapes and they can all play in it together, hide under it and they can chew on the edges. It is a total win win win!

cassybaby89 likes this.
  18. Chewbacca2004

My ones love to have cardboard houses and similar with a large open front but 3 walls and a roof as they like to lie there in the run nibbling grass and watching the garden ! If we buy them hideys with only a small entrance hole they enlarge it so they've eaten practically the whole front wall ! In pet shops we used to buy the Guinea pig sized toys and tunnels but they are just too small ! We now use rabbit houses. Does anyone else have that problem? We then purchased a Guinea pig sized tunnel for our baby pig but which obviously looked a bit snug on his adult roommate. Surprisingly, he can just about fit through but is too long for it and his head and bottom poke out ! He also has this game where he runs underneath the small fiddlesticks arch and rears back his head so that it tips backwards ! Our Guinea pigs enjoy digging out their own tunnels and hideys in the hay ! They usually bury themselves and burrow through

19. Doris

Doris Junior Guinea Pig

Maisie and Daisy love a paperbag with hay inside! Tubes are also a favourite with them. I could watch them play all day! My family think I've lost the plot and having a mid life crisis but I had piggies as a child and my children had them for a time but never loved them like I did. Now my children are grown up I've just got two piggies and I'm loving them more every day!

20. Julie M

Forum Donator 2015/16

image.jpg image.jpg Guinea pig safe cardboard cupcakes. I made these from corrugated cardboard, non toxic glue, paper straws and natural raffia. I saw the tutorial on "sugar and spice piggies" you tube page. I've not tried them out with the boys yet. As I'm going to hopefully be bonding 2 of them shortly. I think they will like them as they love cardboard.
    Charlotte paints hers with pet safe soya paint, but I can't find suitable colours over here (uk) It seems mainly available in the USA.

MrsMoo, Gem789 and Doris like this.