• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea pig who won't drink :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
since basil's had URI he has not drunk a thing!

ive been syringing him water, but I'm thinking of stopping and then *** might make him drink when he is thirsty? should I keep syringing him or go aday without and see *** happends, he is eating wet veg so i no hes not dehydrated

xx

You could syringe him a daily dose of cranberry juice, but he's probably got used to syringing you.

Is he outside or indoors? The amount of water needed can change throughout the year. No guinea pigs drinks the same all the time. Some never drink; in this case, include more watery veg in his diet.

You could syringe him a daily dose of cranberry juice, but he's probably got used to syringing you.

Is he outside or indoors? The amount of water needed can change throughout the year. No guinea pigs drinks the same all the time. Some never drink; in this case, include more watery veg in his diet.

he is indoor, he has always drunk alot, and yh i thought that he would be used to me syringing him! so maybe if I stop he will drink on his own?

he is indoor, he has always drunk alot, and yh i thought that he would be used to me syringing him! so maybe if I stop he will drink on his own?

I would give it a try - even though it may take a few days before he gets the idea... If he doesn't, you can always come back to syringing.

You could try a day without and see if he drinks on his own.....I Don't think a day would without drinking would matter. Mine sometimes only drink every couple of days...depends on the temperature of the house and what veggies they have had. Hope he is ok x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back