• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea pigs and mental health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheeky

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just thought I would share this because I thought it was funny.
Normally when people see the guinea cage they think it is eccentric and I'm a wally. But both the man who came to see me last night and one of the women tonight said they have guinea pigs as well. I don't normally meet other people who have piggies so I just thought it was funny that everyone who I met over the last few days has them.
I think my pigs could sense they were Cavy Slaves because normally they hide from new people, but on both these occasions they got excited and wheeky.
Maybe we all have a special "piggy gland" in our brain that is dormant in normal people. :))

PS: I'm not saying that everyone who has piggies is nuts or works with people who are nuts. But it is a possibility. :))

Made me smile :)) Was just wondering the other day if there was a link between the two...

Being close to craziness and being close to pigs (to paraphrase Katie Melua!)

Sophie
x

Haha love it.

Although I was surprised too to find out a lad at my work also has two guinea pigs. Really didnt expect someone like him to have them lol x

Maybe one day they'll take over (well they already have at my house).
I think it should be compulsary to own a guinea pig lol they just make you feel happier (sounds daft) they have a calming affect on you, I know that when I'm in a foul mood I'll go up the garden and play with the piggies and 10 mins later I'm fine (which probably says more about me than them lol).

I would also subscribe to this theory, everyone else I know or meet at the vets for example, that has Piggles, is also at least slightly eccentric. Most are like me, as Mad as a Fish! Hoorah! X x

I find the more piggies, I have the more normal I become! One day I maybe completely Sane!

You need more Guinea Pigs Wheeky :))!

Haha what a fab theory, i think it's true too. :) I think the guinea piggies also put us under a spell and make us want more! :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back