• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Guinea pigs speed up the labor process!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becky92

Junior Guinea Pig
Nah just kidding, its just the stress of them! 2 vet trips in 1 hour !

My due date is next fri, altho last night i felt crampy & hardly slept. Got up & went out to my piggys and found my jazz ( who lost her friend miley like 2weeks ago -snapped her tooth at base,had it removed , baytril 5 days,all was fine,day 6 she had died overnight:( ) disorientated and hobbling, making a wheezing noise and having little 'spazems' .

My mum called the vets & said we could take her straight down ( me with wet hair, mum just put clothes over her nightie - not even brushed her teeth :)) ) So off we went, i wrapped her in a towel and held her on my babybump instead of faffing with the pet carrier. So in we went and she checked her over , they said they thought she'd had a stroke or something and was having difficulties breathing.. at one point things wernt looking too great and she discussed pts. But then she hobbled across the table and bit the vet :))
I asked the vets opinion on giving her a chance because she still had a fight in her, so she said yes it was possible she'd make it so prescribed baytril AND a probiotic. Off we went, got her home & gave her the probiotic which she LOVED and tried to snatched off me, and tried ran off across the table lol. Then... as i was syringe feeding her i noticed her tooth moved.... so i opened her mouth and suprise suprise... one of the teeth had snapped at the base and was still attatched JUST the same as miley... so i rang the vet who at first presumed id just done it & i know for a fact it hadnt so off we went back down... removed the tooth and off we came back home...
Now i presume because of the tooth removal shes quiet and subdued... but its been an ordeal so I'm leaving her alone atm.

I know the tooth isnt to blame for the disorientation ect. but il be damned if i know what is ACTUALLY wrong.. all i can do is what ive been told which is baytril twice daily/probiotic 3times/syringe feeding little and often...

So after all this my pelvis is KILLING, thought it was because of getting in & out the car... then i went the loo and lost my plug :... ! ( For those of you that dont know it seals the baby in ) I know things can be a while before they seriously get going but the babys dropped lower and its very uncomfortable, very painful at times :(. So ive just cleaned out my 10 guinea pigs & 1 rabbit and now i feel more pain but also more prepared but still bricking it lol

So please can i have some vibes for my jazz to get well soon and vibes for my babybump to arrive safely x)

ALSO do you reckon il be able to take jazz into hospital with me :))

stress just when you definatley don't need it....typical rolleyes
Good luck with your baby, do you know if its a boy/girl yet? any names?
Wishing Jazz a speedy recovery, I'm sure you could quite easily sneek her in :(|)

Rachel x

clairelove

Adult Guinea Pig
awww please let us know when things start if you cant please let us know when you have baby:)

i can tell you soon as you see your baby all the past will be forgotten:)

good luck for you and baby and guinea x

Status
Not open for further replies.