gutted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepperdog

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
apologies as there is no section I could find where this could go - pro.b missed it.

I am having a bit of a pants time of it lately, we have had no gas since last monday as my horrid neighbour reported a gas leak and the engineers found we had a very small (and it really is very small) leak so as a leak is a leak he capped our gas supply mallethead My landlord sent out an engineer the following day and he found that the cooker, the boiler and the gas fire in the living room are all in need of attention but he did say had the gas board not capped our gas he wouldnt have been legally bound to leave everything off as its such a small amount.

So we waited, and waited, and waited with no word from engineer or landlord. We called landlord fri evening to find the engineer hadnt told my landlord that things needed doing, he was under the impression that everything was fixed and we were back on. He was furious with the engineer for not fixing things as he was told "to do what ever needed doing to get our gas on".

Today we rang to check today on the progress and we should be having a return visit by the engineer, and landlord said if the cooker needs replacing then he is fine with that 8)

In the mean time we have had no hot water, no heating (thankfully its not winter but flat is a little chilly), no washing machine as it draws water from the boiler and no cooker - I have got fed up of micro meals and takaways.

So that was one thing, then friday my wage slip arrived and I was expecting a nice amount - had done 60 hours overtime, I dont earn massive amounts but it should have been about the £300 mark and boy have I earnt that extra money - it was all going on guinea pig supplies but thats why I knew I could afford to get everything needed. So shock horror wage slip was under my usual take home :o I nearly cried. Phoned the lady that works out the wages and she had made a mistake, she forgot to add the 0 so worked it on on 6 hours not 60. Panic over I got a sub from the till and the ammended amount will be in the next pay cheque so i can pay the company back.

Then yesterday the toilet seat broke - was on its way out, but bit of a surprise as it broke just as I sat on it :))

And then went to asda to get me some more knickers to find they no longer have size 22 or 24 on the shelves - I have the nice frilly ones, french knickers as they are called as I cant tolerate the elastic on my legs - I get allergic. I asked a staff member and she was sure they still sell that size, she checked out the back and only went up to size 20 so she is going to enquire as to whether they are no longer doing the larger sizes.

Shame really as they are the only shop that sell that size in the style I can wear, I hope they will bring them back in.

Anyway, hopefully we will be gassed back by tomorrow and I will get round to fixing the loo seat one day

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
awwwww bless you, but you have piggies and pepper so its not all bad. Hope its sorted tomos xxxxx

Pepperdog

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
they found the boiler when fitted in 2007 was missing 2 parts, which they have had to search long and hard for so waiting for them to come back - might be today, might be tomorrow, who knows

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
oh noooooooooo :{
sheeeeeesh that's not good enough mallethead
I think it's pretty cr*p about your wages too, i know for a fact that you can fix things up, if it's as bad a mistake as that they should be able to do a direct deposit into your account with the overdue amount!!
HUGGLES to you love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All our loves and wheeeeeeks and woooooooofs to the furrie family too xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pepperdog

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
we have gas :laluot_15::laluot_15:

the parts arrived and it was what was wrong with the boiler, so we have the heating on low to take the chill out the place now, and the gas fire in the living room was just a screw loose - feel that way myself at the moment @)

We have updated the landlord and he is happy for us to go shopping for a new cooker - we wont go mad, just need a basic one (that doesnt leak), but at least we have hot water, heating and I can do some washing that has been piling up (we borrowed the OH's mums one on sunday for 2 loads which I hung out monday - good job as its rained since rolleyes )

Regarding the wages, I work in a betting shop so there was no issue to giving me a cash sub till the next payday - although we actually didnt have that money to begin with and only just scraped enough by the end of the day. They have done it before with a much smaller amount, £50 and that was no problems paying back the next payday so I was happy with the arrangement, just a shame they stuffed it up in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.