• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Gym prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi am considering joining a gym that opens next week its very close to work - which is important as I dont drive but I'd still need to get the train/bus home after or at weekends/holidays.

Do these prices seem ok?

Not sure if I want to sign up long term its cheaper but the past 2 gyms I joined went into administration - luckily once my membership had lasped.

Prices:
PAYG deals £5 a session/£15 a week/£35 month/£300 a year and classes £5 each.

Contract £25 month 12 month deal , 2 year £20 month, 3 year £15 per month

Open day offer 1 year cash up front £250, 3 year £600
Student deal is £20 a month but only 9-4 weekdays no good for me.

I hope there will be a cheaper deal at the open day Sunday - I need to talk to them about setting up sessions for our students and staff deals so maybe they might offer me a small discount.

Do those prices seem average? Will be massive gym tons of cardio/weights and classes plus jacuzzi and steam rooms and quality changing rooms.

If I go to the council gym I can use the student/work deal £2.50 a session but it gets packed in there and the changing rooms are awful I wont use the changing area. Company have an establised gym in the area but thats more a body builders one but been there years.

Not sure if I should just pay £5 a time or take out a 12 month contract if I join.

It does sound good - there will be lots of classes, Zumba and Spinning etc and says high security entrance via fingerprint recognition system!

Will go to the open day see what I think.

wow get you, i wish i had the confidence and pennies to go.

I think if it was me i would be signing up for the 3 year deal thats amazing!

Good luck and make sure you dont spin away on us!

I love spinning! they seem pretty average price's if you get contract are all the extra classes free? mine are at my gym but I'm at feel good fitness it is only a small gym but it's got enough for me it's £12 a month 9-4 so i can afford not to go:))

It does sound good and I reckon they will have deals on the opening Sunday. I agree the 3 year price is amazing. When Ross and I used our council gym it was £30 a month I think for us both but we could never get on anything it was so busy.

Id take the £15 a month deal for 3 years that an amazing deal! I used to love going to the gym doing treadmill, cross trainer, rower etc but as I'm on an apprenticeship I cant afford it atm but I go running every night and have my own weights :)

Thanks I do think the £15 a month 3 year contract sounds great (includes gym and all classes) am just worried what happens if it does not work - do I still have to pay if they go into administration or would I just cancel the direct debit?

I've seen it happen to 2 large private gyms here before, luckily I'd left both by then as it got too expensive, this is one of the gyms but totally under new control, with the new owners having a long established gym in the next town.

The staff are all dedicated body builders and seem to have good nutritional/fitness knowledge/training and want to help people get fit.

I don't have that much confidence with the gym but once I'm in there I enjoy it to a point and now I'm focused on a diet and losing weight I know I need excercise to tone up. Still got about 3 stone to lose and be nice to try and tone up as I lose.

Will get a feel for it tomorrow - just hope I can get a lift off Dad otherwise It's a 3 mile walk each way as trains not running!

Those prices sound average to me hun :)
The three year deal sounds fab though. What gym is it at? x

Its called Emporium Fitness - they run 2 other gyms that have a reputation for being body builders ones so want to get a different crowd at this one.

Went this morning - good range of equipment and spacious changing rooms, reception is full of those protein powders so suspect they will get the hardcore body builders in but that does not worry me.

Have set up some good links to take the students in.

They have offered me 1 year on contract £25 a month or that 3 year deal at £15 a month. I have arranged to go tomorrow lunchtime to join just need to decide which deal to do. I hope if I join they wont then offer some deal for College staff!

Staff seem nice - all male team and all massive as in body builder bodies!They have said they will get me in order and all toned up:{

So do I join up or stick to the council gym - think I'd enjoy it more there somehow!

Sounds good hun :)
Personally I would go with what you feel more comfortable in.
If you have been to them and had a trial run and checked out the equiptment and facilities etc. x

Sounds pretty good for me - particularly the longer term rates. I pay £4.70 a session at the local authority gym PAYG.

It may be worth starting PAYG for a while to make sure that you are using it enough to be worth committing longer term.

Paula

To me, those prices are fantastic for a private gym. Our local Council charges £5 per class and they do some monthly payment schemes as well, but I'm not too sure what price they are.

We have a local Bannatyne's and another private gym and they both charge £50+ per month.

I was paying £28 p/month at the council gym, so the prices seem good.
I would try the PAYG first just in case you don't think you're going to make use of it, I wouldn't want to be stuck paying £15 p/month for 3 years if you get bored & stop going after six months.

Thanks yes have decided to pay the PAYG until Christmas see how I get on there, I do have a student card for the council one that is still valid so can get in there for £2.50 a go. Will see how this gym works and get a feel for it. Somehow think they will offer a deal to College staff it's so close and might do some new year offers.

The £25 a month 12 month contract goes up to £30 tomorrow but they always offer the £15 for 3 years.

Come the nice spring weather I want to start walking home 3 miles and I wont use the gym much in bad weather as just want to get home quickly!

Their other one has the reputation of being a body builders gym and have heard a couple of people say it can have an aggressive feel so will see how new one goes.

Did seem good yesterday and prices are good - hope they do well:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back