• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

had MRi yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
had my 3rd in ayear and fot the first time i felt panicky never had it before but felt s if I could'nt swollow my mouth dried up has any of you had these?
also in a while I'm off to have my ear syringed after using everything to shift it for months I did say dynamite might be a better choice, not looking forward to this as I've heard conflicting stories, got a vision she will syringe water in one ear and it will pour out of my other ;D ;D hope not

yeah my mum had an MRI on her leg the other week,weird experience

Never had one put have seen them done. Poor you, hope you are soon over the experience and your ear syringing isn't as bad a you fear. It will soon be over :)
Good luck :)
Barbara

I've had a MRI it is a bit scary, not to mention claustrophobic, they are very loud as I remember, even though you've got ear protectors on, also it seemed like I was in it for ages, I nearly pressed the panic button on one or two occasions, mind you the worst bit was having to take all of my body piercings out, ;D it took me ages, my husband had to help me with 1, I'm not saying where it was but its very delicate lol ;D :D

I have my ears done almost every year since childhood. Nothing to it, although you might get a fizzy feeling behind your eyes.

You ears feel fantastic afterwards.

yah it was simple nothing to it, and the muck that came out she was delighted with my muck I called here wierd but it was ok just a bubbling feeling and I can hear now as well, I did'nt realise how bad it was, making me deaf in one ear, I felt a relief of pressure on my whole side of my face as well, maybe my sensative gums will be ok now as they thought it was that causing me probs,
the mri scan has got be awlful for real claustrapohbics , I could never go pot holing etc but can only just about tolerate it, they do last ages and are like a builders site crashing banging I alwasy get a head ache afterward, and why does your nose always itch, when your pinned down, the panic button is squeezed so tight in my hand its a wonder it does'nt go off lol maybe it does'nt work omg if i have a next time will test it first , i close my eyes tight

when mum had hers done she nodded off listening to Rammstein on the headphones,its a good job they provide those and let you take your own cds in as appar the machine sounds like a road drill

Glad your feeling better, it's horrid having gunked up ears :)

Lucinda said:
I have my ears done almost every year since childhood. Nothing to it, although you might get a fizzy feeling behind your eyes.

You ears feel fantastic afterwards.
Had mine done a couple of times and it was just like Lucinda said.

Glad to hear you're ears are OK again :)
My brother had this prob too as a kid, must ask him about it now.

Good luck also with the MRI results :-*

Have you tried Hopi ear candles? They are good as a preventative measure. Forgive me if you already know about them - but - they are tubes made out of rolled linen dipped in bees wax & other nice smelling things. At about 1" from the end of the tube/candle there is a filter to stop ash dropping into your ears. You lay on your side and the candle is placed lit into your ear (it is about 20cm long). The opposite end to your ear is lit!. As the candle burns it created a gentle vortex vacuum (sucks) your ear. You hear a fizzing noise like an old scratch record. Sometimes you can feel gentle pulling accross your face as it clears your sinus passages which is absolute bliss!

When the flame gets near the filter which takes about 15 mins it is put out. the remaining bit is unrolled & you can see all the stuff it has pulled out quite gross but very satisfying to see!

Good luck for the MRI results :-*

wow i might have to try one of those Hils! Where do you get them from?

GLAD YOU CAN HEAR BETTER NOW MICHELLE ;D :D ;)

You've been very brave - bet you are glad the scan is over. I'd be really scared if I had to go into a tunnel like that. I'd have to pretend I was on Holby!
Anyway, glad you have got it all over with. x

hils78 said:
Have you tried Hopi ear candles? They are good as a preventative measure. Forgive me if you already know about them - but - they are tubes made out of rolled linen dipped in bees wax & other nice smelling things. At about 1" from the end of the tube/candle there is a filter to stop ash dropping into your ears. You lay on your side and the candle is placed lit into your ear (it is about 20cm long). The opposite end to your ear is lit!. As the candle burns it created a gentle vortex vacuum (sucks) your ear. You hear a fizzing noise like an old scratch record. Sometimes you can feel gentle pulling accross your face as it clears your sinus passages which is absolute bliss!

When the flame gets near the filter which takes about 15 mins it is put out. the remaining bit is unrolled & you can see all the stuff it has pulled out quite gross but very satisfying to see!

Good luck for the MRI results :-*
Oh my God I don't think I'll be trying that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back