Hair advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This is if you find your hair is breaking off badly or falling out . .

I used to have really really long hair. Then I became badly anaemic - my haemoglobin and ferritin were lower than those of people having transfusions- and my hair started coming out. i didn't go bald, but it just broke off at my shoulders and was in terrible condition. I was devastated.

I went to see a tricologist about it. She suggested that before I washed it I should rub olive oil into the dry ends. Only rub shampoo into the scalp area which is more likely to be greasy and sweaty. Don't put conditioner on until you have towelled it dry - then apply a litle conditioner only to the dry ends and keep it on. It may feel a bit sticky until you get the right amount, but then it is fine and her tips have really helped me. You can see from my photo that my hair is slowly coming back.

Just thought I would share it with you girls (and guys) as it does work.

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
aww lovey. You really can't tell. I'll try that because my hairs a state, but I can imagine Mike laughing when I say I'm going to get some olive oil for my hair! ;D

I don't use conditoner cos it makes my hair look greasy.

D

DebbieR

YOu really can't tell Lucinda. When I saw your photo the first thing I thought was that your hair was lovely.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
awww. You're so sweet. It was really short and horrible when I was ill though. I used to nearly be able to sit on it until then. Not sure it'll ever grow back properly, but certainly what the tricologist said helped. I thought olive oil and conditioner that was left on would make it look and feel really greasy, but it doesn't!

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
I want my hair to get that long, but whenever it gets passed my shoulders, it gets too knotty then I have it shopped!

bevs

Reaction score
Yes I agree, I too thought Lucinda had lovely hair, coconut oil is good for your scalp as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.