• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hammy Hamster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi this is Hammy Hamster. He is a very sweet Syrian hamster who is getting on a bit but still very active.

DSC00326.jpg

He's a cutie, i love hamsters, i used to have lots after getting a female who produced 11 identical babies, it was lovely.

I had them in my bedroom in an open-topped glass tank. My mum, who is frightened of anything small and furry, kept saying they'll climb out of there! I kept telling her there was no chance as it was glass and too high (should've kept my mouth shut)

About a week later while i was in I was in hospital i got a frantic phone call, 3 of the babies had escaped! LOL 1 was in the bathroom the other 2 were in her bedroom, i never lived that down! ;D ;D ;D

hi I love hamsters too and we have always had hamsters from when i was a small child (i am new to guinea pigs :) )

When i was about 12 i had a male hamster and i thought it would be good to let him run round the bathroom while i spent a penny. To my dismay he managed to crawl in the wall where there was a gap by a pipe and disappeared in to the cavity of the house! I tried tempting him out with food but he was gone.

When my parents came in i was distraught! My dad spent the next few hours taking the house apart trying to find him but in the end we had to give up :'( . The next day my parents took me to get a new hamster hoping this would cheer me up. I got a lovely little girl but she wasn't the same.

That night as i sat in the kitchen watching the new hamster explore her cage i heard a scratching above my head in the ceiling. I called my dad and he went upstairs lifted the carpet, took up the floor boards and there was my male hamster sitting looking at us. I grabbed him quick.

So now i had two hamsters :D I got an extra cage as i know i couldn't keep them together. After a few weeks my curiosity got the better of me and one day while playing with them i let them say hello. Result...a few weeks later a lovely litter of little hamsters.

Told my parents i didn't know how it had happened. They didn't believe me :) I managed to find good homes for all the babies. they were so sweet.

DSC00330.jpg

Aww, so cute. I'm not really into hamsters, but my brother had one too, called Hammy. (some years back)
He escaped (great escape artists aren't they?) and went under the floor boards! Spent so long looking for him that we had to give up.

Hehe I love my hamster. Hes a color changing one. When I got him he was dark black, then he turned to grey and his hair grew really long, now hes almost white/greyish. :P

*~GuineaPiggable~*

He's very cute! Haven't kept hamster for years. Not since a particularly nasty one kept biting me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back