• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hammy on the loose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kaoskat

Grrrrrrrrrr! Ashley escaped last night. He could be anywhere. My nephew's room is a wreck so it's got LOADS of great hiding places. Some days just start off as one big headache it seems. Hopefully he'll turn up soon or maybe I'll be able to successfully lure him back. I suppose only time will tell.

-kkat

My hamster Nibbles did that i put a bucket in my room with his cage ladder and a thick towel lining it with a little food at the bottom went to bed and he was there in the morning have fun I'm sure he'll be back x

My hammy - Nutmeg - escaped once in the bathroom and managed to get into the wall through a hole behind the sink. WE had to take the side of the bath off and hope for the best that she would wander down that way. I was so scared that she would be stuck in the wall forever. Luckliy a couple of hours later she did and my boyf grabbed her. I have found that female hamsters are much more likely to escape than males - well all my males are so lazy, they never leave the cage even if the lid is not shut properly.

Hope you find the hammy - good luck!

No, he's still on the loose. I can't find him anywhere and I'm so worried.

stage a night watch hehe sit in the dark and wait lol hope he turns up soon

No sign at all. I have several humane traps set all over the house and he hasn't been near them. I have been up watching. Trouble is, I don't know what room to watch. I just hope he shows up soon and I pray he hasn't found a way outside.

One of mine went missing for 2 weeks when i was young i have many 'find the hamster' sleep overs we never found her at them but they where fun it ended up that my niece found are she made it from the top of the house to the basement. We did take her to the vet but she died a few days later due to wet tail.

On a lighter note Nemi my current hamster had escape about 17 times but she is clever she know there is no found out of the cages so she just waits for us to find her LOL

Well I had one who escaped when I was a teenager and he was loose for 10 months before we finally found him alive and well, allbeit a bit skinnier than when he left. So I'm not totally without hope yet. I just wish he'd come back.

Have you seen any tell tale poops anywhere?

Not a single one and I've been hunting for them. I thought for sure I'd have seen SOME sign of him by now but still nothing. I'm really starting to worry he may have found a way outside. There's no nibbles open food containers or crumbs or nything so far.

-kkat

Has he ever escaped before, because when Muffy got loose he always went to the same place every time. It was a cupboard and when you opened it and put on the hallway light and called him he would come out twitching his nose!

i hope you find him soon when i was younger my one loved to hide in shoes.when he got out
(which was nearly all the time)let us know when you find him.
also try looking in sock draws(also a fav place)

He's still fairly new so this is his first time escaping. I'll check those places thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back