• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hamster help please, swollen sore anus?

Emx93

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Hi so maples anus doesn't look normal?! Does this warrent a vet trip 😭😳🤦‍♀️ please advise first time hammie owner 😳
IMG_20200823_224235~2.jpg

If sort of sticks out when he sits down 😳

Attachments

• IMG_20200823_234234~2.jpg
    IMG_20200823_234234~2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 12
Well done for having him seen by the vet, but they really can be rather well endowed in that department.
Also in hot weather their testicles tend to look bigger too.
Our previous hammie actually used to curl up and use his as a pillow :))
Oh yes when he's hot we sure know about it 🤣 it was his scrotum it seemed to come from nowhere and had me freaked 😂 oh well I always go with better to ask the vets than leave something that could be a problem, gave everyone a laugh at least! 😁😁😳🤦‍♀️ Xx

Definitely a good idea to get them to have a look though so you did the right thing! Thought he looked rather large in that department when you sent me the pic! :))
There you go then Maple, a new pillow and it’s attached to you too, handy! :)):DXx

Definitely a good idea to get them to have a look though so you did the right thing! Thought he looked rather large in that department when you sent me the pic! :))
There you go then Maple, a new pillow and it’s attached to you too, handy! :)):DXx
Next time we have a heatwave ill send you a pic if you think that's big 🤣😂 xx

Bless him having his bits n pieces flashed over the internet! I remember my first hamster was well endowed and in warm weather they got bigger. He had a little house to sleep in and would dangle them out the window when it was hot. Not sure if it was to keep him cool or to show off :))

He's been to the vets this morning, he's totally fine just has a very large scrotum and boy bits 🤣🤣🤣🤦‍♀️😳
Glad he's ok @Emx93 I am hopeless with hamsters, my old Mum bought a reject one from Pets@Home so we sometimes have to do a bit of male hamster care, but I took him to the vets suspecting ringworm and actually it was just his scent glands which are completely normal! Boy hamsters are certainly very... manly, I much prefer my neutered boy piggies who are much easier to understand!

Glad he's ok @Emx93 I am hopeless with hamsters, my old Mum bought a reject one from Pets@Home so we sometimes have to do a bit of male hamster care, but I took him to the vets suspecting ringworm and actually it was just his scent glands which are completely normal! Boy hamsters are certainly very... manly, I much prefer my neutered boy piggies who are much easier to understand!
Thankyou for sharing your experience! I'm lucky he's so tame lol 😂 I was mortified! I'd noticed his food didn't go down as much and he hadn't used his wheel in a couple of days and started to panic 🤣😳 glad he's just a manly man and lazy! 😳😂 Better safe than sorry! Xx

Yes I am really not a hamster person, and Mr Alice who is Mum's hammy is... not very tame to say the least, the vet who knew enough about hammys to tell us about scent glands did comment that his diagnosis was... "he's a healthy male...very male...quite territorial... some anger issues!" While Mr Alice bit through the protective gauntlets the vets use for Rottweillers and Pitbulls while shrieking ferociously... I was mortified about the scent gland misunderstanding, I am supposed to be a lecturer in animal physiology and health and disease lol but I never knew about the stinky bald patches on the sides that indicate Mr Alice hammy is very...erm...male, and wants everyone who sniffs him to know about it!

Back