• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hamster Owners United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiamolly123

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
OK l want to hear all your hamster stories.
Is your hamster an angel or a vandal.
Mine is a vandal, she's a lovely grey Syrian hamster & that's all the nice things I can say about her.
She has chewed all 4 of the tapes holding her hammock up, well it's not hanging up anymore!
All of my hamsters have a 6 stone ring thing on a chain, that they can nibble on all the other 3 still have there's, she only has 2 bits left.
I bought her a hanging thing with a bell in the middle, & tassels she has eaten the tassels & chewed all the wood.
She eats her food, then throws the bowl in the corner of the cage.
She has nearly destroyed her pet banana, & god knows what she has done with the plastic crocodile.
I don't actually give the water bottle much longer as she has pulled the spout through the cage & shes chewing the plastic bit that connects the spout to the bottle.
But the good bit is. At this moment the wheel is still there.
She has a cage 80cm x 30cm so she has plenty of room to runaround.
We are now saving up for a mamba cage which is 100cm x 50cm. Just for her all the others are living in the former.
When she comes out & you let her climb over you, when she looks like she might fall, you'd think she would be grateful that you move her to a safe place.
No she bites you.

You mean to say yours are angels, why have I been so unlucky then.
I love her really even though she's a nutcase.:luv:

Last edited:
Mine is a vandal, she's a lovely grey Syrian hamster & that's all the nice things I can say about her.
She has chewed all 4 of the tapes holding her hammock up, well it's not hanging up anymore!
All of my hamsters have a 6 stone ring thing on a chain, that they can nibble on all the other 3 still have there's, she only has 2 bits left.
I bought her a hanging thing with a bell in the middle, & tassels she has eaten the tassels & chewed all the wood.
She has nearly destroyed her pet banana, & god knows what she has done with the plastic crocodile.
I don't actually give the water bottle much longer as she has pulled the spout through the cage & shes chewing the plastic bit that connects the spout to the bottle.
We are now saving up for a mamba cage which is 100cm x 50cm. Just for her all the others are living in the former.
When she comes out & you let her climb over you, when she looks like she might fall, you'd think she would be grateful that you move her to a safe place.
No she bites you.
I love her really, even though she's a nutcase.

No she bites you.

Goodness she sounds like quite the character. I'm glad she's not mine! I have no hamster stories to share although I was bitten once in a pet store whilst considering a hamster and it dangled off my finger refusing to let go!

No hamster, but I have been there with water bottle demolishers. You do wonder how they manage it when you're buying your third bottle in a year.

My little Jasper is an absolute angel :)! He does do a little bit of messing up his *beautiful* cage themes and does chew on a few of his toys, but he's generally very well-behaved.

I would avoid items with metal, plastic and fabric with hamsters that are known chewers.

If you are looking for a cheap hamster cage, the Barney from Zooplus is £44.99 and is 100cm by 50cm. Not too sure on the Mamble price so I don't know if the Barney would be cheaper for you.

She sounds like a lovely hamster though, who is just a tad destructive :).

I use a little water bowl for my girl. Its amazing with hamsters that so many have different personalities :love: My little girl is very nervous for a hamster so has taken ages to tame... don't think she'd ever be brave enough to get up to naughty things your hammy has done haha xx

Very cute little hammy :)!

Just thought I'd add a few photos of little Larry-Jasper.

He had a big photo shoot recently so that's where I got a lot of these photos. He doesn't mind and is naturally very tame because he is from a good breeder.

In case anyone is wondering, he is a pure bred Winter aWhite Russian Dwarf Hamster.

IMG_3481.JPGIMG_3499.JPGIMG_3628.JPGIMG_3666.JPGIMG_3742.JPGIMG_3760.JPGIMG_3809.JPGIMG_3830.JPGIMG_3932.JPGIMG_4193.JPG

I have 3 syrian hamsters. Gopal is a long haired chocoolate male and is very laid back. He is in a barney cage 100 x 50cm

Arun is a long haired cream male and is so sweet and gentle. He has a load of hammocks in his 115 x 50cm cage, the borneo xl from amazon de. He adores play box time,as does Gopal, and will !iterally jump into his transport box when i open the door for him!

Kashi is my smooth haired chocolate female hamster and will bite my hand if i put in her barney cage. She loves to burrow in her fitch bedding and has made a mountain of it almost up to the shelf its amazing. She is often up and monkey bars up to the top of her cage when she hears me, begging for food.

My two roborovski girls live next door to each other one in an alaska cafe and one in the grosvenor large rat and hamster cage. They race about hunting for food and wee on their wheels. They are very sweet and love to run in and out of hidies including loo roll tubes!

How cute... love the pictures! Our Syrian, Aigis, is actually very good-natured. She's very friendly, though she does do the typical hamster mischief (tossing stuff out of the cage, attempting to eat holes in every piece of plastic she sees. We always say she is like a little paranoid person with ADHD... she only eats in the back corner with her face to the wall... and sometimes looks suspiciously around like someone is creeping up to take her things. She also moves lots of things to her secret hiding place right under the water bottle... then we have to throw it out because it gets dripped on!

Here's a pic... she is sable with a white band around her middle. She is actually my daughter's pet, but I sneak up to play with her when my daughter is at school!
17361924_10158337497190557_7848750169187399649_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back