• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hamsters

Are hamsters good pets?

• Yes

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfectpets11

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, I was considering getting a hamster (maybe at the end of the year) and I was wondering what people thought about them?
Syrian or dwarf?
How much do they cost?
They don't live long and I'm scared I'll get too attached to them. I already have some ideas on cages. Maybe the detolf from ikea?
This is only an idea x

I've had several hamsters, my last one Mr squishy was the most friendliest, sweetest little boy ever. He was always out with me, never bit or anything. I believe Syrian are the more cuddliest of hamsters. Though I'm not an expert this is just from my personal experience. :-)

Hamsters make great pets, but can be known for being nippy. They are very clever and require quite a bit of space, but very rewarding. I've had both Syrian and Robo's and both are great!

Hamsters make great pets, but can be known for being nippy. They are very clever and require quite a bit of space, but very rewarding. I've had both Syrian and Robo's and both are great!
Do you reckon Robos or Syrians like being handled more? We're debating getting a little hamster as we saw some little Robos. We were initially going to get 2 Robos but I read that Robos are really quick and don't like being handled as much. We also saw an older Syrian and we're not sure whether to get the Robos or the Syrian.

Yeah Robo's can be handled, but you are probably best with a Syrian for handling. Syrians are definite characters.
It's difficult to choose because both breeds have specific traits that are appealing. From what I've read Syrians are more active at night and can be noisy, whereas because the Robos are smaller they don't tend to make as much noise as long as you get a wheel that isn't squeaky.

I have had Syrian hamsters, one of which was a total fluffball and the most laid back, gentle creature I have ever known, gerbils, dwarf hamsters, all of which were very handleable and Chinese hamsters that weren't mad keen on being handled but never bit me.I currently have four rats as well.Out of all of them I find my rats most entertaining and interactive.I have girls at the mo.ent but have had boys that are more cuddly and placid.It all depends where you get them from .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back