• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hamsters

Are hamsters good pets?

• Yes

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always had Syrian hamsters in the past and managed to tame every one to the point that they never bit me :) Fab little pets.

We have kept hamsters in the past and they are lovely. We have also had rats and at the moment are RAT sitting its lovely to have them around again. I also have mice and they are lovely pets.

Are they quite nippy? x

They can be if you take them by surprise or don't tame them much. They do need regular handling to keep their trust in you I've found. I always tamed my new hamsters by sitting in the bath and letting them sniff and climb all over me. My last hamster nibbled my finger, she didn't bite, just to see if I was food. Once she realised I wasn't she never even attempted to nibble me again :)

I had loads of gerbils , as a kid , they are good pets but need handled as they bite if not used to it , mine used to sit on my shoulder and snuggle in .
Hamsters are so cute .
Love the idea of a rat , my cousin has degus they are real chewers the chews my grans handbag within a few minutes.

All this talk of other furries makes me want some lol
I nearly brought home a dwarf hamster from my local pet shop cos he has been stuck there for six months now. The cages are just square boxes with nothing in them, not even bedding just shavings. It was even called joey which is what I call my eldest son sometime (he is joe) Took me a while to put my sensible head back on but I cant stop thinking about him and how good a life I could give him. Am avoiding the pet shop at the moment cos I don't know if I can keep y sensible head on

I nearly brought home a dwarf hamster from my local pet shop cos he has been stuck there for six months now. The cages are just square boxes with nothing in them, not even bedding just shavings. It was even called joey which is what I call my eldest son sometime (he is joe) Took me a while to put my sensible head back on but I cant stop thinking about him and how good a life I could give him. Am avoiding the pet shop at the moment cos I don't know if I can keep y sensible head on
Awwww, wow 6 months is a long time especially to a hamster. x

I know.Even my smallest cage would be better than that.Might give the cage to the pet shop so they can sell the hamster with the cage.

That would be very generous to both the hamster, the pet shop (as they will have a better shot at re homing him) and the new owner. X

It's just sitting in my kitchen doing nothing and the pet shop are good to me.If I'm skint they give me stuff on tick.I only paid a fiver for it and have used it for three hamsters.

That's pretty good and it's good of you to donate it to him. :). It's about time something good happened in that little guys life x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back