• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Handheld vacuum recommendations

Immogen

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for a handheld vacuum cleaner? I’m using a dustpan and brush at the moment to clean their cage but it’s not very effective with getting the fur out of the fleece and would probably be much quicker with a handheld vacuum. It would be good to hear what everyone else uses and any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

I've used hand held vacuums before and they quickly get clogged with hay, are noisy for the guinea pig and aren't particularly effective in sucking up the shedding. I would recommend just shaking the fleece outside. This usually gets rid of most of it.

I have a silicone brush that's good at getting fluffy fur off fleece. Bramble is the fluffiest guinea pig! I have to brush off the fleece, the hideys, my clothes ........ I have even bought an apron to try to stem the rising amount of fluffy fur produced by Bramble! Here is the culprit. Miss Bramble of the Fluffy Fur!

Bramble on Blanket 2.JPG

And here is the Apron I bought.

Piggie Apron.JPG

I’m another one who uses a silicone handheld brush to get the worst of the hair and hay off after a good shake. Then wash in a pet laundry bag. I use a horse one.

Back