• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Handy Guinea Pig Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
this for all the owners with outside hutches or ones in garages or sheds.

* I put an old sock on the water bottle to stop it freezing up.
* temperature gauge that is inthe garage but i can read the temperature on my bedside clock in my room
* i bought a sleeping bag in good condition from the chairty shop to put over the hutch at night time.
* I use lino underneath my run in the garage ( paper and vetbeds on top ).
* I out hay in toilet rolls when they are finished for piggies to play with.
* i had a fleece jacket thing and the zip broke instaed of throwing it away cut it up and use it as little blankets for piggies.

cant wait to see everyones elses tips.

Celery- If you keep the bottom in water more leafs will grow and it also keeps it fresh.

Also when you cut of the top of leaf less carrot tops you can place them in water and re grow the leafs which is good if you are feeding pigs on a budget like me/ I have 3 tops on the go will post pics when they spout

Wow, very nice handy tips here!

At the moment, I don't have any I can think of..

how long does the carrot thing take

i've got some in a glass now ;D

Anyone out there got any handy tips. Maybe you do some thing that is different. please let us know.

if you 've got babys due put in a cuddle cup she will give birth in it and it will keep babies warm and secure and always near mum,

If your stuck on places were your piggies can run around with out u worring about them, Put lots of news paper on the bottom of the bath, then put lots of toys and boxes in there too, also some treats scatterd around for them t find!..They love running around and playing in the bath it keeps them safe, happy and amused!

(obviosaly not with water)lol ;D

If your stuck on places were your piggies can run around with out u worring about them, Put lots of news paper on the bottom of the bath, then put lots of toys and boxes in there too, also some treats scatterd around for them t find!..They love running around and playing in the bath it keeps them safe, happy and amused!
Great tip thanks i might just have to do that! x

Here is one from me.

Many people think they need something hard to find like Swarfega (sp?) for the piggies Grease Glands however, you only need something as simple as baby wipes or a toothbrush with soap. ;)

That one depends on how mucky they are Livie! The state some of the rescue boars come in in means I need several goes with the swarfega and at times even that isn't enough!

on boars its present on the rump - back end.. it is a scent gland and can be really sticky so needs to be kept clean

lovely well whetever needs doing to keep them happy ,but how do i find it on a hairy piggie

run you hand along and you might be able to see it if you part the hair, if not then you can also feel it, might be dry, might be stick oy a bit wet

lol its above their bum, more-or-less on their back! ;)

They don't often have any problems with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back