• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Harper's Law.

BossHogg

Owner
Owner
Reaction score
Have you all signed the petition to get the sentence for anyone convicted of murdering an emergency services worker to be jailed for life.
Signez la pétition

I so absolutely agree with this, the abuse the emergency services suffer is horrendous

Whilst I agree, at the risk of sounding argumentative, I believe the killers of pc Harper were convicted of manslaughter therefore this would not impact on their case. This petition really calls for a change in the entire legal definitions used for what considered murder vs manslaughter. Or an overhaul of the system of sentencing for manslaughter. Neither of which will happen 😔

And a whole of life tarif is different again to a life sentence (which has a minimum tarif set when parole can be considered then once released the prisoner remains under supervision of the probation service with the possibility recall to prison for any further breach of the law)

Done, it's a shame that the murder of anyone doesn't automatically give them a 'whole' life sentence with no option of parole, and a life sentence should mean life... Not 7yrs,10yrs,15yrs but literally the rest of their life!
RIP PC Harper & all the other innocent victims. X

Whilst I agree, at the risk of sounding argumentative, I believe the killers of pc Harper were convicted of manslaughter therefore this would not impact on their case. This petition really calls for a change in the entire legal definitions used for what considered murder vs manslaughter. Or an overhaul of the system of sentencing for manslaughter. Neither of which will happen 😔

And a whole of life tarif is different again to a life sentence (which has a minimum tarif set when parole can be considered then once released the prisoner remains under supervision of the probation service with the possibility recall to prison for any further breach of the law)
I agree with you, what I believe the petition is for is to prevent any repetition in future. 👍

I believe in certain circles, the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) is known as the Criminal Protection Service! ;)
unfortunately it seems to be in most circles that it's true! i think there are tens/dozens of charities & organisations to help criminals with most 'rehabilitation' strategies, housing, employment, general help after committing offences - but apparently there is only one 'victim support' group - if it's true it sums us up in the UK really doesn't it?! :(

Back