• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

has anyone used hay for pets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not tried them but would be interested to know what you (and your piggies) think when it arrives. :)

Not tried them but would be interested to know what you (and your piggies) think when it arrives. :)

i will update when i get it. alot of people on the rabbit forum have tried it and it seems to have a thumbs up so far. :)

I may try it too, if it good reviews. Although I do love Oxbow.

i usually use the DFH as their bedding but lately it has been awful quality and i need some nice soft hay for them to have.

i hope pampered piggies will be back soon and have that sweet meadow hay again, that was lovely hay.

i love the hay from the willow warren aswell but that's too stalky for bedding.

the hay for pets do their own hay, a mixed one of timothy and rye, and a soft meadow hay one aswell. so i've got a sample of all three.

i've seen pics on the rabbit forum people have posted and the hay does look lovely so fingers crossed. :)

i usually use the DFH as their bedding but lately it has been awful quality and i need some nice soft hay for them to have.

i hope pampered piggies will be back soon and have that sweet meadow hay again, that was lovely hay.

i love the hay from the willow warren aswell but that's too stalky for bedding.

the hay for pets do their own hay, a mixed one of timothy and rye, and a soft meadow hay one aswell. so i've got a sample of all three.

i've seen pics on the rabbit forum people have posted and the hay does look lovely so fingers crossed. :)

Thats great news, I do hope PP comes back soon!

i received the samples of hay today and the soft meadow hay is lovely. much softer than DFH and the piggies loved it so i will be buying more for them. :)

i didn't try them with the ings hay or the timothy and rye hay as the samples were small so the bunnies had those instead. but i will get some more and try ches and maisie with those aswell.

at the minute they are loving the timothy hay from the willow warren. DFH soft has been making them sneeze lately so i'm keen to try the hayforpets soft meadow hay as their main bedding. :)

overall the quality of all the hays is really good and not dusty at all. :)

it also works out cheaper than DFH aswell. :)

how large is the box of 9.5 kilo? how long would it last you if using for bedding?

I ordered ings hay, from hay for pets and the girls love it! my first order was delayed in the snow and we thought it was lost , They sent a replacement bag ( large bin bag size) plus a free smaller bag. and now have soo much will not need any for a VERY long time! Very good service and great communication. Highly reccommended all round. Maybe when i do need more i may try a small bag of meadow hay for a change!

how large is the box of 9.5 kilo? how long would it last you if using for bedding?

i think they come in a big bag. and how long would depend how much you clean out and how much you use for bedding each time etc. but that amount should last quite a while i think. :)

I ordered ings hay, from hay for pets and the girls love it! my first order was delayed in the snow and we thought it was lost , They sent a replacement bag ( large bin bag size) plus a free smaller bag. and now have soo much will not need any for a VERY long time! Very good service and great communication. Highly reccommended all round. Maybe when i do need more i may try a small bag of meadow hay for a change!

i've heard really good things about their customer service. :)

the ings hay is also very soft so could also be used as bedding. i might get both and mix them, then they have a choice. :)

Have just ordered the 9.5k Timothy and Rye variety as was disappointed in the last batch of hay I bought, was a bit dusty and had a huge stone in it (paid £14.00 for 8k and it is c**p !)
Thanks a million for posting this, have trawled the net to find a good supplier - you have solved that problem for me now x>>

i've ordered the large bags of the timothy and rye and the soft meadow hay! can't wait to get them! :))

my hay arrived today but i am very underwhelmed to be honest :(

the timothy and rye smells awful. think it's gone off.

the soft meadow is fine, smells like hay, and ches and maisie have eaten some. bunnies won't touch it though. rolleyes

both hays had a very greasy feel though. :(

i've emailed the company to see what to do about it. will let you know what they say.

everyone else seems to have got great bags and they all love it. i wasn't impressed at all. ?/

my hay arrived today but i am very underwhelmed to be honest :(

the timothy and rye smells awful. think it's gone off.

the soft meadow is fine, smells like hay, and ches and maisie have eaten some. bunnies won't touch it though. rolleyes

both hays had a very greasy feel though. :(

i've emailed the company to see what to do about it. will let you know what they say.

everyone else seems to have got great bags and they all love it. i wasn't impressed at all. ?/

I had the timothy and rye hay, the piggies love it and it smells lovely. Did find a thistle in it though grrrr as I always check thoroughly after having poor qualities in the past. Don't think I'll use this supplier again tbh so back to square one :{

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back