• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Haunted houses..Would you buy one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cavykind

At some point in the not too distant future we hope to move house. Though not for a little while yet :(

There is a small row of old houses in our town that I've always loved, realistically out of our price range, but you have to dream ::)
I mentioned this to a friend the other day and she commented that a woman she worked with used to live in that row. She said that the woman swore the house was haunted and some really frightening things had happened there :o
I asked which one and she couldn't remember.

I'd always imagined myself living in that row, but now, even if one came up for sale and we could afford it...What if it happened to be the "haunted house" :-\

Just wondering, would anyone else be put off if you heard the house you were buying/renting might have a "ghost" or two in residence, or would you dismiss it as rubbish?

Barbara

Ooops have posted in the wrong place, apologies, could it be moved to general chat please :)

Barbara

it would certainly make me feel a bit uneasy...

if someone tells you wherever you are right now is a haunted place, you will be so much more aware of every floorboard creaking, of every noise the heating pipes make at night...

even if its a lovely place and you never actually witness anything scare ;)

I suppose it would go away after a couple of years of living there though.

//EDIT: do you mean moved to chit chat? :) I just realised it was in the wrong place, too... general chat is just too commonly used as the "off topic, for everything not gp-related" name.. have to get used to the fact we have TWO general chats here ;)

Abnoba said:
//EDIT: do you mean moved to chit chat? :) I just realised it was in the wrong place, too... general chat is just too commonly used as the "off topic, for everything not gp-related" name.. have to get used to the fact we have TWO general chats here ;)

Yes, chit chat :)
I get mixed up sometimes and forget which board section I am in...must be my age ::)

Barbara

It wouldn't put me off. If you buy an old house chances are quite a few people have died in it in the past and if you believe in ghosts, lots might have them.

Adds to the character of old houses if you ask me ...... ;D

Id have the house checked over tbh.

But thats just me ....

I'd love to visit one, but living in a haunted place would scare the living daylights out of me!

think Kayjay is right any old house has normally had a death or two in it, as people use to be laid out in their parlour years ago and tended to die at home, um would i live in one though? not sure depend on the circumstances ie if it was friendly , sellers now have to let you know if this happens in their questions and answers, if they dont they could be sued,

michellemuffin said:
sellers now have to let you know if this happens in their questions and answers, if they dont they could be sued,

Does that mean that when we move I'll have to tell would be buyers that we have a selection of dead dogs and cats that show up every now and then :D
I think they will turn and run, presuming that we are quite mad ;D

Barbara

apparently the new law states that any murders etc or arguments with neighbours even little tiffs have to be mentioned, crikey hope I dont need to mention my dead buried piggys there is quite a few now,
I got a feeling Charlie my dog who died in july was watching me last night when I got up to the loo, it was a nice feeling and I smiled knowing he would'nt have left me completley,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back