Having A Seriously Bad Week :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

A&T

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Having such a bad week! Was meant to change up money yesterday for holiday (not that we're 100% sure what currency we will need, going to Greece), anyhow i had doctors at 4:15... which I specifically asked the woman if she said one..five not five zero, and she said yes 15.. So I've turned up at 4:15 and the appointment wasn't until 4:50, so angry!
Anyhow while i waiting for the appointment, at home, the builders who are taking out next doors chimney breast in there backroom (against my room) have drilled right through into my bedroom... Plaster and bits of wall everywhere! It also went in the xbox.. so my OH is fuming, it now has to be sent away to be cleaned. Not only that, the hole now needs fixing.. and re-plastering, which will mean the whole room potentially needs redecorating as I cant just paint that bit, it will look horrible!
So I rushed home from the doctors to catch the builders...which don't speak English...great. So they don't understand that its not just 'a little hole' theres a fair amount of damage! Anyhow they told my mum to give them her phone number so there boss could ring her. He rings, says "oh we thought you had your chimney breast soon" SORRY WHAT?!?! so you were gunna drill straight into our chimney breast!?!? what a complete bunch of ! So he's said he'll fix the damange and when mum said "yeah but the xbox is now full of grit to" he said......... "oh we'll dust that off.." DUST THAT OFF?!?! Is that a joke! Ive got half of my bedroom wall in my xbox! you cant just 'dust it off' Its gone all inside the vents! so anyway mum said no it needs to be sent off for cleaning in which he said "oh yeah we can do that" like hell they can.. I'll arrange that and they can pay for it... I'm not trusting them with anything! sod that!

I go on holiday next week.. I'm stressed up to my eyeballs about Greece and there financial situation, and now i've gotta deal with this BS! Bloody idiots... I'm sure they've never done a chimney breast job before.. I was saying to the OH before they came through the wall "they are gunna come through the wall soon"! Just redilcous! I'm so angry!

And on top of all that! last night, i could hear someone next door (where the builders are doing the work) and my neighbors have gone away, the woman is heavily pregnant so didn't wanna be there while all the work was going on, so she asked me to look after her dog, which we have done before. Anyway, last night I could hear people next door, watching the tele... So i text the woman and asked if they were meant to be sleeping there, and she said no they arn't maybe they're just working late. So I went in there and tried to explain that they wern't meant to be there and we'd spoken to the owners of the house. He didn't understand me and just said "yes, working, sleeping, its okay" :/ So we said okay well we're gunna check on the dog and went into the kitchen and shut it behind us. I think text Patricia and said what they had said to us, and her reply was "OMG they are NOT meant to be sleeping there!" I asked her if she wanted me to do anything but she said no, so we made sure the dog was okay and left. It turned out that the main guy originally said "oh no they're just working late to get it finished in time" then changed his story to "they're staying there because of the strikes tomorrow" so basically.. he didn't give them permission to stay there but equally couldn't get them out. It was such a weird situation.. and I felt so uncomfortable being in there with them there.
I then text Patricia and told her they had drilled through the wall and she didn't even know! even though they had just spoken to the main boss person! He didn't even tell them! He obviously didn't know that we were like.. close neighbors and spoke to each other and stuff! He wanted to come in and fix it today! which probably means he wasn't even going to tell them! Its a joke! My neighbors went away on Sunday evening too, and i'm sure they thought the work was started on Monday, when in fact the work didn't start until Wednesday and its no where near complete and if it is nearly complete its a rushed job! I'm going to tell them they didn't start work until Wednesday so they don't end up paying them for Monday and Tuesday when they didn't work it.

I don't even want them in my house trying to repair it! I want to get people we know in to do it and send them the bill. Ergh its just so much to get done before I go on holiday. My OH has taken overtime so is sleeping during the day to right up until we go on holiday, so its all a nightmare. I'm gunna have to potentially move loads of furniture out of my room so that they can get in there to do it... its a nightmare, I dont even know how its gunna happen before we go away... I cant cope. I've not even packed and we haven't even got currency yet and we have a week.... SOMEONE HELP ME lol.. :( I could cry.

Sorry for the rant.. but I needed to get it off my chest! I know its probably like.. some small minor event compare to some stuff you guys are going through.. but I dont cope well with noise and stress, and the noise of the drilling and banging has made me all on edge.

A&T

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh here are the photos of what happened:
IMG-20150708-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20150708-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20150708-WA0004.jpg
20150708_183613.jpg

Teddybear22

Rescue Buddy
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
What the... Its awful the amount of people in the building sector (and in any sector really) who are completely incompetent and still have a job while useful people are unemployed.
Don't really know what to say about it apart from don't let them touch anything more, but you are already aware of that.

Patience :hug:

A&T

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
What the... Its awful the amount of people in the building sector (and in any sector really) who are completely incompetent and still have a job while useful people are unemployed.
Don't really know what to say about it apart from don't let them touch anything more, but you are already aware of that.

Patience :hug:
Thank you :)
I know! builders can be so dodgy sometimes too, some builders say there builders when actually they arn't atal!

Ermm.. I'm speechless... they sound like a bunch of cowboys :/
It does doesn't it! I'm 100% sure they have never taken down a chimney breast in there life! So dodgy! If it was my choice I would have phoned the police last night and got them out of our house! So weird!

A&T

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Very weird... and the xbox... lol as if you can just dust it off XD
To be honest it wouldn't matter if it hadn't gone into the vents! but the vents are at the top, and loads of dust and grit has gone in.. its a nightmare! God knows how much it will cost! and how long it will take. Ergh.

Kerrie74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yeah we've got an Xbox one and PS4 they are both a pain in the arse to clean on the outside, never mind if it's get crap inside :/

Reactions: A&T

A&T

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
'builders' more like.. 'bodgers' :cen:

A&T

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yeah we've got an Xbox one and PS4 they are both a pain in the arse to clean on the outside, never mind if it's get crap inside :/
I could say that its a bad design.. but to be honest its not every day you get bits of wall fall into it lol.

Tim

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
To be honest it wouldn't matter if it hadn't gone into the vents! but the vents are at the top, and loads of dust and grit has gone in.. its a nightmare! God knows how much it will cost! and how long it will take. Ergh.
If I lived closer, I'd sort it out for you. (And the hole in the wall)

So sorry to read all this, all just before your holibobs as well! :(

A&T

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
If I lived closer, I'd sort it out for you. (And the hole in the wall)

So sorry to read all this, all just before your holibobs as well! :(
Thanks Tim! :hug:Can you plaster!? god you can do everything :D!

I know :( I don't need this s***!

Tim

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
It's engineering, sort off ;)

Take a deep breath, breathe and go and enjoy your holiday. You need a good break away from everything :) xx

A&T

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'll come back from holiday so chilled i'll be like " fill the hole?!? no... leave the hole.. it gives the place character dudeeeeeeeee :cool:"

Reactions: Tim

7squeakers.

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
:D The damn cheek of those "builders" to think that they could doss down in someone's house, just because the owners aren't there! :rant: Don't they have their own homes to go to?
I hope you don't come back from your hols to find they've put a new chimney in for you! :yikes:

Status
Not open for further replies.