• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hay choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

piglover

Recieved my "taster" pack from the Hay Expert yesterday and to be honest didnt realise the different types of hay were so different!

We always have meadow hay and excel at home anyway but we had great fun last night my 4 boys and I sampling the hay types all you could see at one point was four little bums sticking out of brown paper bags! Brome hay is definately a favourite along with the not surprisingly orchard grass, but surprisingly everbody also enjoyed the oat hay and of course the brown bags they were in were the favourite too!
I shall definately be ordering a bigger bag of brome, it was so nice to see them eating and enjoying something good for them!

I definately recommend the taster packs for a good evening entertainment!

oh i'm glad you posted this! I was debating getting the sample packs too. It's typical they liked the paper bags as well ;D

Mine loved them all too.

Particular favourite was simply grass. Tend to buy a large bag of that every month now. Mine also love Orchard Grass, Brome and Western Timothy - actually pretty much anything is well received in my piggy shed ;D

I think the sample packs are a great idea - at least you can test things out before buying big bags!

Mine have loved the sample packs too however my Brome hay sample had lots of black spots in it and I wasn't sure whether this was mould so didn't give it. The other samples looked great.

is there a decent amount in each one?

I had a look on there a few days ago and debated whether to try the sample packs..but with 6 piggies to try them out on i didnt know if there would that much to go around lol

No. only a handful, its just a taster to see if they like it or not, but it spread around 4 piggies and gave each a chance to taste it! Brome was the favourite! And I have since ordered a big bag much to everyone's delight!

oh ok, prob not worth my time then lol glad your piggies liked it, the cost of delivery puts me off buying from the net a lot of the time

I know, it is off putting I agree. I bought some Rabbit Royale for 2.99 a bag and the postage was 3.98! Madness eh?!

yeah i normally buy from bunny basics and its like £5 for delivery, its ridiculous!

i found a site which sells the food i get mine its £4.29 a bag and free delivery if you spend £30 so i just buy in bulk from them not and save on poastage its www.k9capers.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back