• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hay delays!

PigglePuggle

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just in case anyone else is waiting on a Haybox order that is taking a while to dispatch... my Haybox order was confirmed and payment taken last Wednesday, but still no dispatch notification by Monday morning! So I emailed them and it seems they had a computer glitch on Wednesday that meant some orders werent forwarded to the warehouse for dispatch. They were very nice, answered my email within half an hour and dispatched within an hour of me contacting them! But we have now finished our last box of Haybox and I am getting some fussy snouts being turned up at the pillow wad meadow hay! Sorry piggywigs you will have to survive on a perfectly nice substitute hay until tomorrow, I know its not the same but I am sure you can eat it if you are hungry!
Just thought I'd flag up in case anyone else ordered last week and is wondering where the hay is, might be worth an email to check your order was sent over to the warehouse!

Just goes to show its always worth having an emergency bag of hay stashed in the bottom of your wardrobe, especially in these uncertain times! I actually had 4 bags of emergency hay (3x 2.75kg of meadow and 2kg of timothy) plus a box of haycookies and a bag of readigrass stashed in case of an emergency hay shortage or lockdown, with 8 piggies to feed! I might open the readigrass too as they are fussy buggers :)

My HayBox Order is due this week - I had the confirmation yesterday.
Thanks for the warning about a possible delay @PigglePuggle .
I always have an extra bag of hay in as I often run out a day or two before delivery.
Lartons on the Wirral do big bags of hay at a good price which is really nice and soft - that not too far for you to come.
We could always do a socially distanced coffee if you do come this way for hay

Well a hay update... that was well worth the wait, seems that Haybox meadow is now the new 2020 green stuff rather than the last of the last 2019 batch that was a bit yellow and dry! Super happy piglets and super fresh green tasty hay, the meadow is just as green as the timothy in this new box!
20200708_212010.jpg
20200708_211842.jpg

Well a hay update... that was well worth the wait, seems that Haybox meadow is now the new 2020 green stuff rather than the last of the last 2019 batch that was a bit yellow and dry! Super happy piglets and super fresh green tasty hay, the meadow is just as green as the timothy in this new box!
View attachment 147627
View attachment 147628

Yes! I had my delivery just over a week ago and was thrilled with the quality of the new season hay vs the previous delivery. You are right in that the last batch was quite dry, nowhere near as soft and green. My two usually eat the Timothy and are bedded on meadow but now with the new delivery of meadow, they are preferring to eat the meadow hay!

Hope Ollie’s impressed after his disgust earlier!? :)):love:
Ollie is so impressed he is AWAKE for a change! He's not impressed that he only got a couple of handfuls not a full haytray, but its cage cleans tomorrow so he'll just have to wait a bit longer before he can dive in up to his ears in it!
20200708_214104.jpg

View attachment 147627
View attachment 147628
Hi, thanks for the review of the hay box meadow hay. My lot aren't impressed with the brown hay that arrived at the beginning of lockdown. Luckily I ordered some timothy hay too - which they love - but can't play in like the soft meadow hay. I'll order them both again next time.

Oh you poor hard done by boy Ollie Pigwig! What is slave depriving you of? I'd put in a complaint to the GPU!
They all think I'm very mean, they got a few handfuls when it was delivered at 2pm, a few handfuls after dinner at 6pm, a few bedtime handfuls now... thats all! They will all get full haytrays tomorrow after cage cleans, I think this hay is just too tasty, no way 20kg will last 4 weeks like its supposed to!

Yes! I had my delivery just over a week ago and was thrilled with the quality of the new season hay vs the previous delivery. You are right in that the last batch was quite dry, nowhere near as soft and green. My two usually eat the Timothy and are bedded on meadow but now with the new delivery of meadow, they are preferring to eat the meadow hay!
OOh - that's exciting :D We've got some coming tomorrow and I was really hoping they'd have some of this years in, as the last few have been a bit dry and yellow. How to exercise restraint while we finish off the old box, though...

I get through stacks of the stuff considering I’ve only got a trio! Just can’t help chucking loads in as they all have such a great time, Luigi the most, he’s hilarious popcorning in a giant pile! :luv:
At least Ollie got out of bed for a stretch, even if he felt he was deprived @PigglePuggle! :D

That's good to know thank you. We were very excited to see how green this month's hay box was compared with the last lot, they wheek at me at the sound of cardboard boxes these days... I wonder why🤔!
They've stopped wheeking when I go near the hay box because they're not that impressed with the brown hay!

Back