• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hay rack.

Amyrosexo

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a hay rack, I’ve been searching and found a few but while reading on the forum most people say to stay away as they could get stuck in them
. I would prefer a standing one as I have just built them a new cage but I’m open to anything.
Thankyou.

I use hay trays (large plastic tubs) and fill them with hay and hang a hay bag (fabric) from the side of the cage.
I know @HeatherRose uses a laundry basket as a hay rack and that always looks like a good, safe solution.

Yes @HeatherRose does use small circular laundry baskets and they look safe and cool. I would reccomend the Trixie hay rack. The one that is 20cmx18cmx12cm. You can find this on amazon for $15. It hangs on the inside of the cage and is very safe (i have heard many people have had positive experiances with the Trixie hay racks.

Attachments

• F9FE7525-6C8D-42C2-901F-B86EC63EB59D.png
    F9FE7525-6C8D-42C2-901F-B86EC63EB59D.png
    186.6 KB · Views: 6
I have one of those on my hospital cage. It tends to get knocked off when a piggy walks underneath it.

there is a thread here somewhere where people share their hay rack ideas. You can use the search feature to look it up.

I myself have made a hay bag and I got the tutorial from this forum as well.
DSC_0463.JPG
This little rascal likes it too much she got in and peed all over the fresh hay, which explained the bar-like holes, had to make them smaller so they can reach the hay but not go in there.

I use 32 litre underbed storage boxes filled with newspaper and lots of hay. Also magazine racks.

30v12qg.jpg

2upa53d.jpg

Back