• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

hay

celesterenee76

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hay guys, I was wondering because it happened before but if I run out of hay and could not get any available until probably the next day or so, what would be a good alternative to feed them? my pigs are good right now, i was just curious about that

Grass is a good alternative but be careful how much you give them if they’re not used to eating it regularly.

The beat thing to do would be to buy the next lot of hay once you’re half way through the current lot. they need hay 24/7.

I agree with above. I normally buy my next lot of hay in advance of running out. We have a small shed and a tiny square shed. Piggy stuff lives in the tiny square shed apart from their bale of hay. By the time I'm down to enough that it's just in one bag in the tiny square shed I go at the weekend to pick up my next bale.

I agree too. Hay is their main food (pellets and veg are purely supplementary and should be kept limited) and they require a constant supply of hay 24/7 so you dont want to ever run out

Back