• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Healing vibes needed for Leonardo the Red Lizard catfish! šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
Yup these blinking lizard catfish will be the end of me! After losing his 5 buddies and palling up with Twiggy the twig catfish (who also caused mayhem when I introduced them and heā€™s the only one of 4 of course! No more rineloricaria species at this residence!) :mal: Leo now has bloat :no: Discovered him looking like a mini balloon on Tuesday morning, very quick :doh:
Pretty much a death sentence with fish, a total nightmare to try and treat! :(
But I managed to save my beautiful RB OAP Goby Wan Kenobe a couple of years ago with the same issue so everything crossed! Peas and clean water the best cure!
Barely moved yest, had a ā€˜starvationā€™ day now good old peas! Didnā€™t think heā€™d touch them but currently tucking in! :clap::luv:
6FFB2CED-0E3F-4C14-8AB4-9CB320B59B5B.jpeg
1CFB16AB-4539-44C4-9CC1-32C5D41D465D.jpeg
Getting annoyed with the minis trying to nick them though!
Heā€™s a little fighter but lots of healing fishy vibes appreciated!:)

Decided Iā€™m not falling in love with certain fishies anymore, these guys Iā€™ve wanted over a decade and theyā€™ve been a blooming heartbreaking nightmare!:blink::doh:

Hope he pulls through. These little critters are so far from easy to look after. You do a great job.

Hope he is ok

Iā€™ve just lost one of my fish to bloat. Was absolutely fine this morning, come home to find him pineconed and gone šŸ™

Hope he is ok

Iā€™ve just lost one of my fish to bloat. Was absolutely fine this morning, come home to find him pineconed and gone šŸ™
Oh no, Iā€™m so sorry itā€™s such a horrible thing with fish and you donā€™t get any warning. To be honest Iā€™m surprised Leoā€™s still alive and kicking, shouldnā€™t curse it but pleased heā€™s eating peas.
Iā€™ll do a ā€˜starveā€™ day again tomorrow, let the peas get working! Then peas again. How it worked last time with my goby.
Too much dried food I think, he doesnā€™t come out as much and suck on the veg like he did in the gang, probably a few things caused it really.
Nitrite -0, Ammonia - 0, ph - 7.2, Nitrate -20.

But thanks everyone!
Fingers, toes and scaly bits crossed!

Well Leo moved around a lot yesterday compared to all week but his tummy still twice the size.
Iā€™ve sat in there all day, not seen much movement from him hiding at the back. Just popped in for lights out and heā€™s zipped around half the tank like a nutter looking for peas! šŸ„³ Think heā€™s feeling a bit better!
8E6540F1-58B5-46A0-9555-CCE5BC4FE81A.jpegA18B6CE9-BCA6-47DC-86C9-102A47CAD21C.jpegA27E99DF-1018-44D1-9E3B-998E3FB7A155.jpeg
The power of peas! So chuffed! :D:love:

Back