• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Help - Anyone any good at writing letters for jobs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
I am applying to 6 nurseries and have done eveelopes and printed out CVs. All I need to do now is write the letter asking if they have got any positions available.

I do not hold an NVQ certificate however I would like to do my NVQ in Childcare at a nursery

The experience I have with children is I have done babysitting for many years and I use to help out with my mum when she was a childminder.

Anybody brilliant at English and can help me write an award winning letter? lol

I just so want to get out my workplace and work in an nursery!

This is what I have wrote... if anyone sees anything wrong with it please don't tell me now as I am going off to print and send them lol...

Dear Sir or Madam,

I was wondering whether you have any available positions within your nursery. I do not hold an NVQ certificate in childcare, however I would like to gain this qualification. I have had experience working with young children through babysitting and also helped my mother when she was a registered childminder.

I enclose my current CV and look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Faithfully

Ellie Postles

If your quick you can criticise it! lol

Hello,

Just a few letter pointers, I can't correct the writing but here are a few things I learnt at college:

You don't really need the comma at the end of Dear Sir or Madam
I would put a comma after however
Also, you don't need to capatalize faithfully, lower case with do

That's all I can think about! ;D

Clare x

Sounds fine Ellie!

The things Claire has pointed out are minor so don't stress!

Sorry didn't notice people replied lol....

Guess what... one of the nurseries has rang me this morning saying they have a modern apprenticship position available and i'm going in for an interview on Tuesday @ 10am. I must have done something right in the letter! :) She said when I have finished the course there is 9/10 chance I will have a job there waiting for me! I'm so excited!! I could have gone in for an interview @ 12.30 today but I have work at 2 and also I want to see if I hear from other nurseries within the time from now till the interview on Tuesday! At last I might be able to leave my job! - One problem though and that it is not fulltime which I need really!

cashmincal said:
Hello,

Just a few letter pointers, I can't correct the writing but here are a few things I learnt at college:

You don't really need the comma at the end of Dear Sir or Madam
I would put a comma after however
Also, you don't need to capatalize faithfully, lower case with do

That's all I can think about! ;D

Clare x

Thanks for that Clare. This font is stupid so you can't really see but I have got a comma after Madam and however. I put a capital for faitfully though... silly me! lol

Thanks Kelly. She told me that they will ask me questions about different situations that could happen with kids and what I would do. She said they will take into account I have not done childcare before e.t.c. I need to talk to Kellie - lol she will know all the questions they could ask and what I should do lol!

squeakypigs said:
Sorry didn't notice people replied lol....

Guess what... one of the nurseries has rang me this morning saying they have a modern apprenticship position available and i'm going in for an interview on Tuesday @ 10am. I must have done something right in the letter! :) She said when I have finished the course there is 9/10 chance I will have a job there waiting for me! I'm so excited!! I could have gone in for an interview @ 12.30 today but I have work at 2 and also I want to see if I hear from other nurseries within the time from now till the interview on Tuesday! At last I might be able to leave my job! - One problem though and that it is not fulltime which I need really!

Big congrats for you! Good luck and hope all goes well..

Well done hope you get it ive worked in two seperate nurserys for placements there lovely to work in tiring though are you hoping to work with the babies or the pre school kids? i worked with both and loved working with the babies most good luck I'm sure we'll all have our fingers crossed on tues xx

Ellie, have you tried the Rugby Montessori School. If you can get in there its great. My daughter goes to a montessori school and they are brill. they are private nurseries but if you get trained as a montessori assistant or teacher then you will get a job anywhere.

heres the details if you havent got them

School Name : The Rugby Montessori Nursery School
School Address : Bilton Grange Rugby Road, Dunchurch RUGBY WARWICKSHIRE CV22 6QU
School Country : United Kingdom
Phone Number : 01788 811218
Fax Number :
School Email : [email protected]

Thanks Michele. Dunchurch Road isn't that far from here. I know where Bilton Grange is so I will give that place a go.

Wahoo - I got another interview tomorrow at 4. This one sounds more promising as she said they are looking at taking people to do NVQs and I think its fulltime there - My mum worked at the afterschool club ages a go there and said they do 4 days a week 10 hours making 40hours which is perfect and I would get 3 days off! :)

sounds great. good luck tomorrow in the interview. how did the other one go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back