• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Help! - Guinea pig not eating

ah ok. ill get him to the vet asap.
update-
there is a very long vet wait time for us here. I'm wondering— do you think its his time to die? he is almost 4 years old, and we might think that he’s getting to that point. the antibiotics hadn’t helped— it still sounds like he is in respiratory distress. he is showing all signs of dying, and is struggling to do all the things he once loved to do. his personality has changed— from very happy and outgoing to very sad and shy. should i book an appointment for him to be euthanized? he’s looking the same way his brother did— before his brother died of seizures and strokes. what should i do? i have already booked an appointment to have him seen next week, that was the earliest available.

update-
there is a very long vet wait time for us here. I'm wondering— do you think its his time to die? he is almost 4 years old, and we might think that he’s getting to that point. the antibiotics hadn’t helped— it still sounds like he is in respiratory distress. he is showing all signs of dying, and is struggling to do all the things he once loved to do. his personality has changed— from very happy and outgoing to very sad and shy. should i book an appointment for him to be euthanized? he’s looking the same way his brother did— before his brother died of seizures and strokes. what should i do? i have already booked an appointment to have him seen next week, that was the earliest available.
I would try to have him seen earlier.
It may be his time to go, but a vet will be able to offer proper advice - he isn't particularly old for a piggy, so maybe he needs another course of medication or further treatment. Really only a vet can advise and this will require a hands on examination.

But if he appears to be in distress or suffering please call and arrange to have him seen as an emergency.
A week is a very long time to wait for an ill piggie.
Sorry you are going through this.

I would try to have him seen earlier.
It may be his time to go, but a vet will be able to offer proper advice - he isn't particularly old for a piggy, so maybe he needs another course of medication or further treatment. Really only a vet can advise and this will require a hands on examination.

But if he appears to be in distress or suffering please call and arrange to have him seen as an emergency.
A week is a very long time to wait for an ill piggie.
Sorry you are going through this.
ill try to arrange that. thanks

I hope he just needs more antibiotics. 🤞 But the vet will be able to discuss with you if it is his time to cross the bridge. 🙁

4 is by no means old age for piggies and respiratory illness can be treated effectively but as with most conditions, the sooner you see a vet for diagnosis and treatment the better the chances of recovery are

hi, so update
basically the vet deemed him healthy, but the crust around his eyes is pulling out his fur,, what should i do?

Is the crust around his eyes from discharge related to the respiratory infection or has a second issue been diagnosed?

hi.
update—
i found this in his cage. what do you think it is?

Attachments

• 294C7BC8-3FBA-45F5-8784-3B3E0757E2BF.jpeg
    294C7BC8-3FBA-45F5-8784-3B3E0757E2BF.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 12
Back