• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement
  • You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Help how do i get anitbotics in my piggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie

Hope somebody can help! my piggy had an abcess on his cheek and it got flushed out yesterday and he won't take his anti-botics this morning he seems to be ok eating his veg but i am trying to be carefull with him so i don't hurt him has anybody got any bright ideas how to get it into him......mallethead

Archie

Thanks i will try this. The vet told me to mix the med with blackcurrant ribeana but he still don't like it arggg....

slackalice2k

Teenage Guinea Pig
I think it's a case of good timing, as soon as the syringe is in the mouth, shoot! :)) Follow it up with a nice piece of their favourite veggies.

I don't bother diluting it, as then you've got to mess about more, the quicker the better IMO.

Archie

Thanks for your help i managed to wrap him in a towel and shoot it in quickly.
He hates me now but like i told him it's to make him better and he will love me again once he is better :O)

Status
Not open for further replies.