• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

HELP! hubbys got 4 chickens coming tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
OMG MIck said he has got Josh our son 4 chickens as he has always wanted them, ::) they will live in our garden along with the menagerie, in a specailly built home but roam the garden during the day , Lord only knows what the 2 dogs will make of them I suspect they will be fine though, but maybe start rounding them up as the dogs are border collies, does anyone know anything about keeping chickens (they are silkies,) good thing i'm a vegeterian lol, think the kids might now just go off of eating chicken, :o

just a thought but can piggys or dogs catch bird flu, Mick really does just jump into things with out thinking about it, still as long as Josh is happy, he once when aged about 6 went to a school farm and saw chickens came home and hid an egg from the fridge in his sock drawer hoping to hatch it out, I got quite a shock when putting his socks away,lol

Oh my! LOL Michelle!

The dogs and piggies as far as I know cannot catch bird flu.

Have fun with them all! ;D

Michelle. My step mother in law keeps chickens. I hope you have a very strong house for them to stay in a night. Foxes are a massive problem with chicken. Even known them to rip off steel sheet roof.

Cool! what are their names? Id watch out for foxes too, i think i did that sort of thing with a egg once lol! will there be piccies? x

they've just arrived I'm staying indoors until they are settled, piggys I can handle. but when I was 5 damn chickens chased me into a nettel patch and i ahvbe never forgotten it, gulp well better go and get aquainted, yes I know about the foxes we do get them in our garden but I'm pretty clued up on them because of the pigs and their nuclear proof sheds lol

LOL - chickens, ducks and geese.. they tend to chase me off if I go near them! ;D, Rather you than me Michelle!

Cool you got them, cant wait for piccies, i dont like birds much either i was attacked by those canadian geese when i was little lol but chickens are fine x

quite cute really we have even got an egg already, think ones called Pearl she is a jap chicken apparently (pearl is after Pearl harbour Joshs idea) the other one is a jap and then 2 silkies all girls, sorry hens, not too sure of the other names yet will take pics tomorrow, they are outside our bedroom window (we live in a bungalow) so any intruders will be smartly packed off , you got me worried now about foxes, keep thinking we need more fox proofing but the lady who brought them said they are fine, my little grandaughter Kassidy loved them but still prefers my pigs Harvey dobby and scrappy, her face when it laid an egg was a picture, lol

They sound so cool lol cant wait for piccies your grandaughter has such a beautiful name where did it come from? x

I don't mind chickens myself. They feels really different when you scoop them up.

lol. dont mind the chickens either. when i was little in puerto rico, my grandma had roosters that we would let out during the day and at night we had to chase them to put them inside! not fun at all! :o

gothchick1515 said:
They sound so cool lol cant wait for piccies your grandaughter has such a beautiful name where did it come from? x
I have a friend in Iowa USA who keeps us up to date with names over there, Lisa my daughter in law is pregnant again and we are getting some good ideas from her again

2 of the chickens
100_1717.jpg

100_1720.jpg

all 4 of them in my lavender garden, ( little sods)

the little ones are called Japanese and the fluffy ones are silkies,

THEY ARE SO COOL! the bigger ones hair dos are wicked! what are tehy called?

gothchick1515 said:
THEY ARE SO COOL! the bigger ones hair dos are wicked! what are tehy called?

these ones are called silkies the smaller ones are japanese (japs) they are sweet are'nt they? not like I imagined a chicken to be

i assumed they would be like the red coloured ones you see on a farm! do they have names at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back