• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Help - is this a fungal infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi

This is a bit graphic so sorry, I've searched and can't find anything similar :red

One of my pigs Monty, he's nearly 1, has got a really sticky looking discharge on his willy - there's a lot of humping at the moment with him and his friend Jasper so normally this doesn't seem to concerning. But today it's going yellow and is all the way up, and in his bum. I fished out what I can and given him a bath, it doesn't seem to smell or anything.

He seems fine, he's still eating/drinking/laying down/popcorning and chirping away so doesn't seem in any particular discomfort and was perfectly happy for me to look/poke at him :{

I'm going to ring the Vets, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience/advice?

It sounds like lots of boar glue - dried semen. Just give him a good, but gentle clean every now and then to prevent infections.

Thank you for your replies!

aw bless him, is he over excited! :)

Any tips on how to clean him, it's really stuck on and I don't want to hurt him, a bath got rid of the surface goo but there's quite a lot in some sensitive places and I don't want to hurt him :...

Poor you! Boar glue is called so for a very good reason! mallethead

Unfortunately, I don't know of a better way than cutting off what you can from the fur and the rest is chipping away...

urgh....this comes up every now and then in a thread, and i always think....:)>>> doh boys! lol

Bless him, I've just accosted him with a cotton bud, tried to be as gentle as possible, but we're much better aquainted than we were before ")

He looks a little traumatised, but I hope this isn't going to happen al the time :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back