• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Help me name my guinea pig

Help me name my guinea pig

• Butterscotch

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Caramel cream

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Butter pecan

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Vanessitecup

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My guinea pig is a boy and almost all white with a patch of medium brown fur around his face.

Attachments

• 16144611656586949986088964770657.jpg
    16144611656586949986088964770657.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 20
Are you planning to get him a friend or do you already have one to bond him with?

Were there no other boars where you got him? When do you intend to get him a friend? And have you checked to make sure he’s a boy?

Hi and welcome!

Try to use all names you like in the first week in turn. You will find that usually one of them sticks - or that you would rather go with something else that fits better as you get to know him. In the end, a name is always a very personal thing; it has to feel right for your piggy and for you. ;)
Here are more ideas, practical tips and resources for inspiration when thinking about names: Guinea Pig Names: considerations, solutions, inspiration and resources

Looking forward to meeting your little boy's friend. Please always double check the gender upon arrival and latest before bonding; mis-sexing is sadly not at all uncommon. Please always introduce guinea pigs outside the cage on neutral territory so they are not feeling like meeting an invader and taking against them.

Here is more practical information so you can avoid the most common pitfalls:
New guinea pigs: Sexing, vet checks&customer rights, URI, ringworm and parasites
Bonding and Interaction: Illustrated social behaviours and bonding dynamics
A Comprehensive Guide to Guinea Pig Boars

PS: I have merged your two threads on the same subject but in different sections. Please always stick to one thread per case. If it is in a wrong place, we will move for you. This is in the right section.

PS: Looking at your favourites, I would think that your boy is most likely going to end up being called Butter in everyday life. ;)
Always consider how you shorten a longer and complicated name when you tell a piggy or child off!

What a handsome boy.
Welcome to the forum.
I hope that by next weekend you have been able to get him a companion.
Hope you enjoy the forum.

On names - some of us have themes such as foods, plants & flowers, superheroes etc.

Back