• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Help! One Or Two?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeahy. Looking forward to seeing your new piggies when you get them. 2 pigs are definately better than one.

Are you not going to check your nearest rescue?

I'm getting them from a local pet shop, as i'd prefer guinea pigs that are younger and that havent had a proper home or owner before (so i'd be their first owner), but thank you for your suggestion

I'm getting them from a local pet shop, as i'd prefer guinea pigs that are younger and that havent had a proper home or owner before (so i'd be their first owner), but thank you for your suggestion
Many rescues have new born babies that are born into rescue. The problem with going to a pet shop is you cannot be sure they are not ill, pregnant or miss sexed. Also, there are so many guinea pigs in rescue that are in urgent need of a loving home. This is a pro rescue forum and always encourages people to adopt, not shop.

Many rescues have new born babies that are born into rescue. The problem with going to a pet shop is you cannot be sure they are not ill, pregnant or miss sexed. Also, there are so many guinea pigs in rescue that are in urgent need of a loving home. This is a pro rescue forum and always encourages people to adopt, not shop.

i will look into my local rescue and see what guinea pigs they have before going to the shop :)

Hi there !
As others have said, most rescues have babies born in the rescue to rescued pregnant sows. You will much safer with a rescue pair than a pet shop pair in terms of them being healthy and not pregnant - if you adopt from a good rescue.
Just one thing, as you are not in education or employment, please think carefully about vet bills and how you would fund them. Just before Christmas a pair of mine racked up vet bills just over £500 as they both became very ill suddenly. It is worth saving for a whilst before you adopt the piggies to make sure you have a "vet fees fund" already set up.

Have a look at our housing section for good ideas on cages and enclosures whilst you are planning for your piggies :)
And welcome to the forum.
Cassandra

Hi I'm an older,owner ,and I only got my girls in august ,taking advice from the guys on the forum who have been great and really do know their pigs,Mopsy and Mitzy really love to come out for a cuddle with me but they also really love each other, and they are very vocal talking to each other all the time, I unfortunately do not speak pig , and not for the want of trying:Dreally they are no more work than having one if I were you and of course your mum approves go for two girlies, good luck, you have extra cuddles too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back