help please, are they fighting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
maisie has started mounting chesney. they were playing fine and then she just went for him, and keeps chasing him and mounting him. she's like a pig possessed. why has she just started doing this? and what do i do?

biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
she seems really moody and agitated and keeps mounting him and then making loads of noise, the same noise she normally uses to warn him off. i think she's in season because he is rumbling alot at her aswell.

but i've seen her in season loads and she isn't normally like this. she seems to be provoking him to give her attention and then being mean to him when he does.

really hope they won't fall out. they've been getting on so well though. they've been more lively than ever lately, loads of popcorns together, and nuzzling together.

i've never seen her mount him before or be almost aggressive with him. she was practically on his back.

lauralucy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
lol moveonup :)

have there been any changes recently?

i wouldnt worry about my girl goes round mounting all her friend and billy the girls spray pee at her and billy walks off disgusted. i think she is just over hormonal at the moment. (3 weeks she did this for, she has now settled down again)

just leave them to it for now as long as they aren't fighting (drawing blood), is chesney making noises at her? i found that the worst thing.

hope that helps a bit

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like she has a very strong season. Hopeguly the madness will die down within a day. I wouldn't separate as long as there aren't any real fights.

Times like these actually help piggies bond even closer - I wouldn't be surprised if you saw some big cuddling session afterwards!

biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
moveonup :))

thanks for the advice. she settled down after i had got them out of the cage for some cuddles. when they went back in she nudged him a few more times and seemed really agitated, she wouldn't stay still!

but ches was really patient with her bless him. x)

i heard them 'talking' after and then found them snuggling. and back to nuzzling again! rolleyes

today there is calm again! :) she's happy and he's happy and all is fine thank goodness! x)

i've never seen her be that mad when in season though. :o

biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
meant to update this. it must have been a strong season as she hasn't done it since. it was all a bit worrying at the time but settled down fairly quickly. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.