• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Okay I'm getting all confused and over whelmed by all these different c+c grids.
I need to be told what to buy rather than try and look and get in a kaffuffel!
How many grids would I need? I have 4 girls, do all packs have the same amount of grids in? What is the average price? etcccc.
Just need help as I don't want to get ripped off or spend lots and buy the wrong thing. I really like the look and idea of the c+c houses.
Sorry I sound really thick! and I am a pain I know :)
Links of avaliable ones right now would be awesome as I would be ready to buy as soon as Friday. Also the correx is it? To put on the floor...
Thankiesss xx

Hi There,

As you have 4 girls, you need a 2x6 cage, what I would do is have them on the floor. The floor is supporting the cage, then the Correx tray is to protect your floor, but also saves you grids. These grids are on Ebay at the moment.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/C-C-Mesh-Grid...et_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item3cb6dd8943

You only need one pack that will allow you to make a full cage, if you would like an upstairs, you will need 2 packs.

To make the base I started out with Tea Crate Packaging.

http://www.teacratepackaging.co.uk/correx-board-p-88.html

I would get 2 sheets to allow for wastage. When purchasing in the discount code box type 'guinea' to get a further 10% off.

You also need Cable Ties, I wouldn't bother with connectors you can use them if you want they come with the grids.

Cable Ties I got..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/200mm-x-2-5mm...rkingTools_Accessories_SM&hash=item3a64ab241f

Thats everything you need to make a 2x6.

This was my previous low level cage to give you an idea. It was a 3x4. It had no grids on the foor just the Correx.

012.jpg

The grid link are Mesh in the Ebay link but they are good for stopping the hay, and piggy poo coming out.

Hayloft, made of Mesh grids.

003-1.jpg

C&C grids are very hard to come by at the moment. The Sellar who is getting them in, in August is £3.95 cheaper than the ones that are available now. If you pre-order on Ebay and wait for 3 months, you aren't able to leave negative feedback and you don't really know if they will come in on the date they ment to. I worked for a company, we get delivery dates doesn't mean it arrives.

The Amazon ones are £79 for 32 grids were as even buying 2 packs off Ebay you are getting 36 grids and Amazon I'm not sure delivery is included, so it still works out better value with the Ebay link and as you only need 16 grids there isn't much point paying £79.

HTH.

Last edited:
You are fab! Thankyouuu!
That's just what I needed, someone who knows what they are talking about to just tell it to me straight :) I'll buy the cable ties and floor stuff now and wait til pay day to buy the grids. I'm not too fussed on the price, within reason and those on that link seem okay :) I would probably try and make an upstairs/hay loft bit, but we'll see. Thanks again x

You are fab! Thankyouuu!
That's just what I needed, someone who knows what they are talking about to just tell it to me straight :) I'll buy the cable ties and floor stuff now and wait til pay day to buy the grids. I'm not too fussed on the price, within reason and those on that link seem okay :) I would probably try and make an upstairs/hay loft bit, but we'll see. Thanks again x

I'd just be carefull if waiting to buy the grids as there isn't many for sale. The grids are the most important part. :). Need anymore help just shout!

I'd just be carefull if waiting to buy the grids as there isn't many for sale. The grids are the most important part.

Yeah I just noticed that! I might just go for it and buy a pack now as I've just seen someone else on here post that link arghhh! I'm sure my bank account can stretch a few extra pounds :) x

Flintstones - what is supporting the hay loft? I really want to do something like that but just trying to work out how to do 2nd level? Thanks!

Flintstones - what is supporting the hay loft? I really want to do something like that but just trying to work out how to do 2nd level? Thanks!

There is nothing supporting the hayloft you just Cable Tie it to the below grids. In this picture I used the connectors I found them more hassle than they were worth though.

I just used the grids, the supports are the bottom ones. I cabled tied the back and sides, so the only place it didn't have supports was the front, but it was fine.

I hope that makes sense! xx

This one is a bit clearer..

004-4.jpg

you can see the grids going all the way round, as you have 4 Walls of grids it's essential, so you horizontally to the vertical grids.

For instance if you make a 2x6 and you want a hayloft you would need a floor which would 2 grids, 2 sides another 2 grids and a back which is 2 grids along with a front I use 2 grids and overlap slightly. The Mesh grids are fabulous for bending into Ramps I used 2 for the Ramp. In total you would need another 10 grids. On top of the 16 you need for the 2x6 cage.

This is my Ramp..

001.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered my grids from B&Q. There will be none in stock anywhere, not even online. But if you take the product code into your local store they will order them in for you. You will be waiting weeks but they are well worth it. It's £23 for 23 grids and because it's store delivery you won't be paying postage costs. I was waiting 3 weeks for mine though. Will save you a fortune in the long run if you are willing to wait.

I ordered my grids from B&Q. There will be none in stock anywhere, not even online. But if you take the product code into your local store they will order them in for you. You will be waiting weeks but they are well worth it. It's £23 for 23 grids and because it's store delivery you won't be paying postage costs. I was waiting 3 weeks for mine though. Will save you a fortune in the long run if you are willing to wait.

Have you got them yet, as people seem to be waiting forever. Although they do say 3 weeks, they don't appear to be arriving.

I've bought those in the link earlier, I know how hard they are to come by these days and wanted to get it sorted pretty quick. I really impatient hehe. I think I'll need another pack though hmm x

Having had a look at the pics earlier in the thread I love the look of the hayloft - the ramps are especially good as so many people have problems with ramps - too slippy or too steep, these look just right.

Suzy

There is nothing supporting the hayloft you just Cable Tie it to the below grids. In this picture I used the connectors I found them more hassle than they were worth though.

I just used the grids, the supports are the bottom ones. I cabled tied the back and sides, so the only place it didn't have supports was the front, but it was fine.

I hope that makes sense! xx

Thanks so much. That does make sense now! :)

I've bought those in the link earlier, I know how hard they are to come by these days and wanted to get it sorted pretty quick. I really impatient hehe. I think I'll need another pack though hmm x

I'm the exact same, I don't do patience and as I don't drive I'd need to get a taxi there and back so aswell buying online plus I get them now. :)). If you want to do a hayloft you'll need another pack of grids.

I'm the exact same, I don't do patience and as I don't drive I'd need to get a taxi there and back so aswell buying online plus I get them now. :)). If you want to do a hayloft you'll need another pack of grids.

I don't drive at the moment either and hate relying on lifts so online is the best place for me atm. I hope they have some more grids left in a couple of days, I don't have the money for another pack until Friday. I suppose I could buy it and ask to pay on friday? hmm

Last edited:
I don't drive at the moment either and hate relying on lifts so online is the best place for me atm. I hope they have some more grids left in a couple of days, I don't have the money for another pack until Friday. I suppose I could buy it and ask to pay on friday? hmm

Yes, I have that problem to. People always grump when I ask for a lift to so annoying! I guess there's no harm in asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back